Football Programmes Centre

eBay - combined postage
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
eBay - combined postage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DySporting

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:42 am 
Post subject: eBay - combined postage

Have just bought 9 items of someone who is refusing to combine postage

Am reckoning on paying 1 at a time and when they are delivered paying for the next just to be awkward
seand

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:39 pm 
Post subject:

Yeh, I think I'd insist on them being sent in 9 seperate packages if he's not combining post, or have them sent to 9 relatives and friends just to be awkward.
roughyedz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:42 pm 
Post subject:

mmmmm not a lot you can do , especially if the programmes are a MUST. id not buy any again off that person but as you say, pay for one, wait till despatched, ask him to post off immediately and wait till he has before paying for next one Very Happy
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:50 pm 
Post subject: Re: eBay - combined postage

DySporting wrote:

Am reckoning on paying 1 at a time and when they are delivered paying for the next just to be awkward

These people are twats.

Thankfully, anytime I've encountered issues with requesting combined postage and got the auto message "this seller doesn't combine postage" I send them a message and they are normally happy to do so and the setting was probably a mistake.

Does beg the question as to why eBay allow this to happen.
Five and In

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:15 pm 
Post subject: Re: eBay - combined postage

Tynie Topics wrote:
DySporting wrote:

These people are twats.

Thankfully, anytime I've encountered issues with requesting combined postage and got the auto message "this seller doesn't combine postage" I send them a message and they are normally happy to do so and the setting was probably a mistake.

Does beg the question as to why eBay allow this to happen.

On the odd occasion, I have been advised by a buyer that the auto message on my account has told them that I don't combine postage, but I always do!
Making a profit from the postage is not how I operate.
Having checked my settings, all seemed correct, so I phoned Ebay and they told me the settings were correct, so I assume it's a "glich" in the system that sometimes rears its head Tynie.

On the original subject DYSporting - Can you get the items elsewhere at the same purchase price? If so, I would cancel the orders and do so. If not, then pay one at a time, but he'll obviously suss you out and you may lose them if he gets shirty about it.
Regardless, I would never purchase from him again.
slightfold

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:46 pm 
Post subject:

Agreed, these greedy sellers need exposing as the profit should be on the programme not the postage! Please mark our cards and let us all know who this twerp is so we can avoid!
I too have fallen for this in the past, nowadays if I want multiple purchases from the same seller I always query postage before bidding.
NWM Football

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:08 pm 
Post subject:

100% greedy, pure & simple.

I've got some oddments of sportswear items finishing next Sunday. In the text on all postings I have included the line "Should you buy more than one item, please wait for revised invoice, postage WILL be combined where possible".

Not rocket, is it ?
Visit http://nwmfootball.com/ for programmes, books, DVDs, shirts & sportswear and other football collectables. Click here http://nwmfootball.com/nwm-diary/ to see which Programme Fairs and Antiques & Collectors' Fairs we will be attending.
roughyedz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:17 am 
Post subject:

Lets be honest here the settings are set by E-Bay , they want YOU and ME to pay as much post as possible to maximise their take, simple, ive told many a person ive bought off and everyone says they dont know how to change it or cant change it ..........
se20blue

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:53 pm 
Post subject:

roughyedz wrote:
Lets be honest here the settings are set by E-Bay , they want YOU and ME to pay as much post as possible to maximise their take, simple, ive told many a person ive bought off and everyone says they dont know how to change it or cant change it ..........

I have been advised that the request combined postage option does not exist on the Ebay app
Ronsaunders

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:18 pm 
Post subject:

If someone pays me multiple postage before I can get an invoice to them, I make a refund but, as alluded to above, it means that I do not recover the eBay commission on my postage.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: