Football Programmes Centre

Willie Coleman - Drumcondra, Dundalk & League Of Ireland
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Willie Coleman - Drumcondra, Dundalk & League Of Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Everything and Anything Irish
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:57 am 
Post subject: Willie Coleman - Drumcondra, Dundalk & League Of Ireland

In a lovely batch of 50's/60's press photos I acquired this week there's one of this player of whom previously I had never heard.

Quite a player, by the sound of it, but turned down many pleas from English Football League managers to cross the water - he just wouldn't do it as he hated travelling from his native Dundalk, staying there even when he joined Drumcondra in Dublin. He disliked playing away in places like Cork and Waterford.

Pictured here in Drumcondra colours, 1959.

So I wondered if any of our Irish contingent could please fill me in with any anecdotes about this enigmatic player?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
garyspain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:51 pm 
Post subject:

Jim Murphy's excellent Dundalk who's who site has the following

http://www.dundalkfcwhoswho.com/player.php?id=237
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Everything and Anything Irish All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: