Football Programmes Centre

Barnsley v West Ham 28/09/57 Postponed?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Barnsley v West Ham 28/09/57 Postponed?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rafehod

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:43 pm 
Post subject: Barnsley v West Ham 28/09/57 Postponed?

Hi

Just found this record on Ebay and was surprised to see how much it fetched is it a rare postponed game? is it a good representation of its value?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Barnsley-v-West-Ham-football-programme-28-September-1957/283090133858?hash=item41e97ca362:g:gsEAAOSwWOdbVPU4

What do you think? any West Ham bods who could shed some light.

Many thanks
Martin
Rocky

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:53 pm 
Post subject:

As you are probably aware, 57/8 was a promotion season for West Ham and I'm sure some of their away programmes from that season raise good money. Looking at the bidding, two collectors posted very late big bids to try and snare this Barnsley prog.

You mentioned in a recent post that you paid £120 for the 57/58 Boro v West Ham & another one recently raised £84. I guess the Barnsley & Boro ones are two of the sought after progs from that particular season.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/187311548@N07/albums

https://www.flickr.com/photos/117760314@N07/albums
Rafehod

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:07 pm 
Post subject:

Rocky wrote:
As you are probably aware, 57/8 was a promotion season for West Ham and I'm sure some of their away programmes from that season raise good money. Looking at the bidding, two collectors posted very late big bids to try and snare this Barnsley prog.

You mentioned in a recent post that you paid £120 for the 57/58 Boro v West Ham & another one recently raised £84. I guess the Barnsley & Boro ones are two of the sought after progs from that particular season.

Thanks Rocky, definately food for thought, I obviously knew about the Boro one but was quite surprised by this one. Thats why I love this game you never stop learning.
colchestersid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:17 pm 
Post subject:

There is a massive collection of West Ham aways being sold on ebay over the last few weeks by this seller - I think that has driven up prices as some of the items put up for sale just don't appear that often and West Ham collectors have been able to plug a few very difficult gaps in a short space of time

Wouldn't have had this one down as being that rare, I can see I paid two pounds for mine!!
Rafehod

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:46 pm 
Post subject:

colchestersid wrote:
There is a massive collection of West Ham aways being sold on ebay over the last few weeks by this seller - I think that has driven up prices as some of the items put up for sale just don't appear that often and West Ham collectors have been able to plug a few very difficult gaps in a short space of time

Wouldn't have had this one down as being that rare, I can see I paid two pounds for mine!!

wow thats a big difference £2 to £200+ just doesnt make sense. It will be interesting to see what happens when another one comes along!
colchestersid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:41 pm 
Post subject:

I didn't think this was rare - another one sold yesterday on ebay for £43
Grumpypants

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:29 pm 
Post subject:

There's a copy for sale on e-bay on a Buy It Now for £49.99!!!!
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: