Football Programmes Centre

Latest E Bay Scam
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Latest E Bay Scam

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roughyedz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:30 pm 
Post subject: Latest E Bay Scam

E Bay have decided to add a 35p fee to every transaction from what i can see, on top of the E Bay Fee, Paypal Fee, and Actual cost of the postage you have to pay, plus % of postage cost for E Bay ............ i give up on those jokers

Please feel free to correct me if im wrong here , but just tried to relist some books and fee appeared so i had a chat with them , and afterwards looked at the "Promotional Offers" and it says No insertion fees and 35p extra at sale, this 35p was when i tried to list so wether you have to pay the 35p twice im not sure ????
bluejames

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:37 pm 
Post subject:

i believe it is nothing to list and 35p extra if it sells.I also saw this and spoke to them for clarity.They confirmed that if i listed an item an it didn't sell then it was free however if it sold,for say £1 then i would pay fees of 10%,ie 10p plus 35p plus paypal fees on the item including postage, so about 50p in total goes on selling a £1 item.
The best suggestion they could offer was to bulk list say 20 x £1 items when my fees would then be £2 plus 35p plus paypal.They just don't understand
rob71

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:42 pm 
Post subject:

Ebay seems to be getting worse.

They now automatically re-list unsold items, unless you go in to each one and untick a box. They also automatically amend Buy it Now listings to accept offers and state you may need to pay the 35p listing fee if you don't allow this. Again you can amend each one to take 'offers' off but it can be time-consuming.
roughyedz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:48 pm 
Post subject:

rob71 wrote:
Ebay seems to be getting worse.

They now automatically re-list unsold items, unless you go in to each one and untick a box. They also automatically amend Buy it Now listings to accept offers and state you may need to pay the 35p listing fee if you don't allow this. Again you can amend each one to take 'offers' off but it can be time-consuming.

Yeh i noticed a few of my items had suddenly, half way through the 10 day listing period, had become "Open To Offers" and the Auto relist box had mysteriously become ticked . . . its a ball ache to undo it all i must say

I did tell them that id rather throw my books in the bin that go through all that hassle AND have to pay another 35p a pop
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: