Football Programmes Centre

Port Vale v Everton fa.cup played 14.2.96 but dated 7.2.96
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Port Vale v Everton fa.cup played 14.2.96 but dated 7.2.96

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
efcbluenose

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:27 pm 
Post subject: Port Vale v Everton fa.cup played 14.2.96 but dated 7.2.96

Came across this one today at the match. Port Vale v Everton FA Cup Replay. Programme dated 7.2.96 but game was actually played on 14.2.96. Is it a postponed programme and Vale kept the original or does another exist with 14.2.96 on front cover...or is it a printing error ? Any help or info please. Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Wants List
sellsell39

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:49 pm 
Post subject:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995%E2%80%9396_Port_Vale_F.C._season

According to Port Vale's Wikipedia - it appears that Port Vale played Everton on the 27th January and then again on the 14th February.

The programme appears with a 7th February date.
https://football-programmes.net/view_prog.php
(search Port Vale & Everton in the search boxes.)

Please let us know if this helps ?
efcbluenose

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:37 pm 
Post subject:

Yep that's correct my friend. 27TH Jan was original match at Goodison which was 2-2 draw, then replay back at Vale Park which took place on 14th Feb but the programme is dated for 7th Feb. My question is was the 7th Feb a postponment ? or is the programme dated with the wrong date printing mistake on ?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Wants List
Goonerak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:36 pm 
Post subject:

The Times on 5 Feb had the game listed in its "Guide To The Week Ahead" as due to be played on 7 Feb.

Then on 7 Feb The Times reported that the game had been postponed due to the weather

On 9 Feb, The Times had a list of dates for the re-scheduled games, and this game was scheduled for 14 Feb.
efcbluenose

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:08 pm 
Post subject:

Thank You. So its a postponed programme. Thank You fella's for your help. Now i need to know if there was a new cover for re arranged game or if they kept old original cover.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: