Football Programmes Centre

Leeds European away ticket - wishful thinking?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Leeds European away ticket - wishful thinking?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Ticket Collectors Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheMusic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:14 pm 
Post subject: Leeds European away ticket - wishful thinking?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UJPESTI-DOZSA-V-LEEDS-UTD-EUROPEAN-CUP-2ND-ROUND-1ST-LEG-MATCH-TICKET-1974/273417681020

This is surely a leap of faith to be bidding so much when there are no match details on the ticket and no provenance noted, isn't it?

Personally, I have serious doubts as to whether this is the ticket for this match, firstly because a very prominent Leeds dealer has a ticket for the game with a different number printed on (there would only have been one number issued per match) and secondly because there's no proof provided. I asked the seller for more details and he said it was his father's, but he has so far declined to reply since yesterday when I asked him for accompanying documents, any other proof... etc.

Either way, it'll be interesting to see what happens...
Posh1959

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:53 pm 
Post subject:

The seller is Tony Lazenby, his son selling on his behalf. He is one of Leeds most prominent collectors has been for 50 years or so. He knows what he is selling.
TheMusic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:10 pm 
Post subject:

I've no reason to doubt you or him on that but surely that info should be in the description to support his claim, no?

Also, when it comes to selling, surely it's important to try to prove to potential buyers what you're selling is what you claim it to be, or do you think a seller's claim should be enough for buyers to bid big money now and to protect their investment for the future?
Posh1959

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:21 pm 
Post subject:

I agree totally
RIKERBCFC

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:00 pm 
Post subject:

Tony only lists genuine items. I have seen this ticket once before at a reputable auction house so I sure it is genuine. Tony gives his son the items to list as he does not have a computer so his son only lists the items and can not answer questions about the item without contacting tony and as he does shift work this is not always possible if the item ends within 24 hours of the question being asked.
TheMusic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:25 pm 
Post subject:

Again, that's fine, but why didn't he share this knowledge? These details surely need to be communicated to everyone in the description, no?

Also, more proof would surely have made the listing more attractive as we know that honest mistakes can be made... For example, assuming this ticket is genuine, what does that say about the ticket held by the prominent Leeds dealer which has a different number in the middle (again, there was only one ticket number per event in the Népstadion in those days)?.

It kind of begs the question, why weren't more details included - was it just an oversight or wasn't it thought to be important at all?
RIKERBCFC

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:31 pm 
Post subject:

If look at the number in the middle it refers to the block of the ground on the plan of the ground in this case Block 11 , row 21 seat 27. So different blocks will have a different number in the middle and the 10 blocks at the bottom will have roman numerals. Also the blocks in the lower section at the top are A to U.
TheMusic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:48 pm 
Post subject:

Unfortunately the number in the middle has nothing to do with the any block in the ground. For this match, the block was "V sektor", (Section V), which refers not to the letter V but to the roman numeral for five and places the ticket just to the right of the halfway line in the middle tier ("közép lelátó") of the south tribune, the one which featured the changing rooms and main entrance which was accessible through the Ifúsági street gate. This ticket was in fact a complimentary ticket ("Tiszteletjegy") and I'm really not sure whether or not an away team fan from a foreign country would have been able to get one of those.

The number in the middle rather refers to the specific match in question but there is no comprehensive list of numbers and Népstadion matches, so it is a continual learning process in terms of which number is specific to which Népstadion match (or rather event, since the stadium hosted other sporting and non-sporting events).
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:30 am 
Post subject:

Lot's of info on Hungarian tickets on this old thread

http://www.footballprogrammece.....f22f8cb573
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Ticket Collectors Section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: