Football Programmes Centre

Daftest Ebay Decision Yet?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Daftest Ebay Decision Yet?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Five and In

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:54 am 
Post subject: Daftest Ebay Decision Yet?

I know Ebay consistently baffle us with some of their decision making, but I think I had the daftest one yet last week.

I sold a magazine (non football) for a fiver last Saturday and posted it (second class) on Tuesday after the Bank Holiday when the Post Office re-opened.
In the early hours of Friday morning, I had an unreceived item case opened against me by the buyer. Three working days had passed.

I responded to the case in detail, but couldn't upload an image of the proof of postage to the case, so phoned Ebay for advice on how to do so.
The operative didn't know either, but said she would call me back within the hour to advise.
When she did, I was advised that the case had been closed and the buyer had been refunded in full for non receipt of the magazine, but I had still been allowed to keep the payment as I had proved that I had fulfilled my part of the deal as well.

I know I have not lost out here, but in my opinion, this is a dangerous decision because if they rule on non received items posted second class after only three days (when the Royal Mail state it could take up to ten days), some unscrupulous buyers will quickly catch on to this and open cases to obtain freebies.
Rafehod

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:45 am 
Post subject:

I think you were fortunate to actually keep the payment, Ebay do not do that very often regardless if you did your side of what was requested.

Its only happened to me once where I kept the payment, most of the time on the few occasions this has happened over the years. Its almost like a f**k you decision, and then go into the appeal crap which you will never win either.

I have pretty much learned to accept it and stick it on my accounts as a stock loss/damaged.
Five and In

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:45 am 
Post subject: Daftest Ebay Decision Yet?

Rafehod wrote:
I think you were fortunate to actually keep the payment, Ebay do not do that very often regardless if you did your side of what was requested.

Its only happened to me once where I kept the payment, most of the time on the few occasions this has happened over the years. Its almost like a f**k you decision, and then go into the appeal crap which you will never win either.

I have pretty much learned to accept it and stick it on my accounts as a stock loss/damaged.

I agree Rafehod, but it was the speed at the decision that shocked me.
Three days on an unreceived item Get My Coat
New Forest

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:49 am 
Post subject:

We all moan about eBay, but at the end of the day for what it is it is the best. We just have to get on with it. I never send anything other than first class. For one thing it always appears mean to advertise sending it by second class mail and there is little difference on the cost. Perhaps the best way round is to offer buyers a choice of postage, then if it does not arrive after three days they only have themselves to blame.
Rafehod

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:46 am 
Post subject: Re: Daftest Ebay Decision Yet?

.[/quote]I agree Rafehod, but it was the speed at the decision that shocked me.Three days on an unreceived item Get My Coat[/quote]

Totally agree, the decision makers at ebay are shocking!! sorry I actually said decision when there is no decision to actually make apart from refunding the buyer.........I doubt if they even looked at the date the case was opened.

Fortunately for every bum transaction there are hundreds of good ones. Clap
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: