Football Programmes Centre

Where do you sell your programmes?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Where do you sell your programmes?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davee59

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:11 pm 
Post subject:

With regards the comment regarding Currys I think times have changed in the High Street. Quite often when buying white goods such as computers it is fairly common to get a reduction from the RRP if you are bold enough to ask them to sell at a lower price. They are far more prepared to negotiate than lose a potential sale. I am not saying it works every time but in my own case it works uite often.
Rafehod

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:55 pm 
Post subject:

Davee59 wrote:
With regards the comment regarding Currys I think times have changed in the High Street. Quite often when buying white goods such as computers it is fairly common to get a reduction from the RRP if you are bold enough to ask them to sell at a lower price. They are far more prepared to negotiate than lose a potential sale. I am not saying it works every time but in my own case it works uite often.

Partly my point, a price is there as a guide whether it is fixed or flexible, you will never know until you ask. Instead of just moaning about it maybe its up to the buyers as well to have the 'gumption' to make a seller an offer to see if they can strike out a deal. If the seller is not totally deluded then if you give them a reasonable offer then they would be foolish not to accommodate it and that is their problem. I sell all sorts of vintage stuff which I consider priced at the going rate based on actual sales evidence both ebay and auction sales.

I get plenty of people sending me offers at 30% of the listed price which is all part of the game but realistically that just ends negotiations at that point, if you are not trying to cheap someone they usually want to do business, myself included.
mdjw_41

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:12 pm 
Post subject:

We sell all out items via our eBay shop. We used to run a website too which was an exact copy and allowed us to make more offers or incentives for buyers but we don’t run that anymore.

Other that that this forum has been a fantastic place and I’ve been able to do several good deals, both sales and purchases. Plenty of helpful people here!
Rafehod

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:26 pm 
Post subject:

mdjw_41 wrote:
We sell all out items via our eBay shop. We used to run a website too which was an exact copy and allowed us to make more offers or incentives for buyers but we don’t run that anymore.

Other that that this forum has been a fantastic place and I’ve been able to do several good deals, both sales and purchases. Plenty of helpful people here!

What happened to the website, was it a traffic problem?
mdjw_41

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:14 pm 
Post subject:

Rafehod wrote:
mdjw_41 wrote:

What happened to the website, was it a traffic problem?

A little but then again it wasn’t too advertised. It was more used as a way of ensuring everything on eBay was correct and a ‘back-up’ reference but if anyone wanted to do a private deal, it could be done easier via the website.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: