Football Programmes Centre

BENT PROGRAMME DEALERS ON EBAY
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
BENT PROGRAMME DEALERS ON EBAY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Ticket Collectors Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheSorter!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:05 pm 
Post subject: BENT PROGRAMME DEALERS ON EBAY

Does anybody have any idea how many bent programme dealers there are on Ebay? There seem to be awful lot of female sellers selling on behalf of their other half on there!
gatfb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:13 pm 
Post subject:

42 is the answer to life the universe and everything.
CodeXIII

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:06 pm 
Post subject:

WHAT!!....females interested in football???? Whatever next, they'll be playing the game and everything!
Women, know your limits.

Jesus some people on here are stuck in the 1970s. no wonder collecting is dying a death.
As long as the item turns up on time and as described I couldn't give a f&ck who's selling it...including location, race or religion.
TheSorter!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:27 pm 
Post subject: bent

The point I was making was about bent dealers hiding behind their partners NOT about women selling on Ebay!! Shocked
Rafehod

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:59 pm 
Post subject:

Not quite sure why you think a 'bent' dealer would hide behind his wife. whether it would be his account or his wife's account they still have to do things by the rules.

If sellers shill bid its usually obvious and you don't go with them again, but if you only bid what you are prepared to pay then you'll be fine.

I would also add, would it really be worth being 'bent' in a field where most of the sales are under a fiver!! I would certainly get into a higher price band if I were a 'bent' dealer. Something you can make hundreds in, like art or cars or something......wow thats wet my appetite, watch out everyone.
TheSorter!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:09 pm 
Post subject: bent

When I say 'bent' I mean dealers that have been blacklisted by Programme Monthly etc. One who comes to mind mainly sells high end programmes for £150 plus and uses his partner's name to trade on there, so no we're not always talking about programmes selling for a few quid!
se20blue

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:35 pm 
Post subject:

As a buyer it is better that they are trading on Ebay, any problems you are able to get your money back,something that PM was unable to do for the collector.
Footyfan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:11 am 
Post subject:

I would not use the term 'bent dealers' but there are certainly EBay Sellers using multiple IDs.

I am currently in dispute with a Seller - 'Toyota_1' who also lists under the ID 'Rafferty''.

I have bought from both previously with no problems until now.

Not sure why they need to use multiple IDs? Is it so they do not appear to a 'business' seller?

Last edited by Footyfan on Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Rafehod

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:42 am 
Post subject:

Footyfan wrote:
I would notujse the term 'bent dealers' but there are certainly EBay Sellers using multiple IDs.

I am currently in dispute with a Seller - 'Toyota_1' who also lists under IDs 'Rafferty' and 'HelenJohn'.

I have bought from all 3 previously with no problems until now.

Not sure why they need to use so many IDs? Is it so they do not appear to a 'business' seller?

Yes thats it, just to keep the fees down, I do the same as it is much more economical. Business sellers who are ebays life blood unfortunately get turned over by them. I was a business seller for years but changed that late last year and am actually doing better on my private accounts that I ever did as a business seller. Should not be the case, but it is
Posh1959

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:15 pm 
Post subject:

Footyfan wrote:
I would notujse the term 'bent dealers' but there are certainly EBay Sellers using multiple IDs.

I am currently in dispute with a Seller - 'Toyota_1' who also lists under IDs 'Rafferty' and 'HelenJohn'.

I have bought from all 3 previously with no problems until now.

Not sure why they need to use so many IDs? Is it so they do not appear to a 'business' seller?

Don’t know anything about Toyota but Rafferty and Helenjohn are not at all connected. Helenjohn is on this forum.
htfcandrew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:21 pm 
Post subject:

Just to confirm I am helenjohn and have no idea what footyfan is referring to as I have no connection whatsoever to Toyota_1 and Rafferty

Cheers

Andrew
Footyfan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:12 pm 
Post subject:

Hi Andrew,

Please accept my apologies for incorrectly namimg you.

I have amended my earlier post.

It is Toyotacan_1 and Rafferty that show the same Return address.
Dorking

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:21 pm 
Post subject:

I always thought that in many cases the account being in the wife's name was because a couple of zealous buyers had given negative feedback, and so the seller had to start again with a new account in a new name.

Ultimately if a seller spends the time selling stuff you like and want, then brilliant. If you don't want it don't buy it. If you get ripped off (very rare indeed in my experience) then ebay will refund you as long as you follow the correct processes.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Ticket Collectors Section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: