Football Programmes Centre

EBay Poor Descriptions
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
EBay Poor Descriptions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Footyfan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:36 pm 
Post subject: EBay Poor Descriptions

Anyone able to advise on EBay Sellers who give misleading/poor descriptions?

I am currently in dispute with EBay ID toyotacan_1)who has listed a number of Sports Newspapers but has failed to mention that they have inner oages missing:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sheffield-Wednesday-v-Leeds-United-9-10-1965-Yorkshire-Evening-Post-Newspaper/123263483925?hash=item1cb3138015%3Ag%3AlvMAAOSwyjNbU4aF&_pgn=15&_sacat=64482&_nkw=newspapers&_from=R40&rt=nc

The same person using EBay Seller ID Rafferty just happens to be listing similar items at lower postage rates ???!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Leeds-United-v-Nottingham-Forest-19-2-1966-Yorkshire-Evening-Post-Newspaper/392082836418?hash=item5b49f54bc2%3Ag%3A4akAAOSwc15bSeej&_pgn=15&_sacat=64482&_nkw=newspapers&_from=R40&rt=nc

I intend to compile a list of EBay Sellers to avoid.
Five and In

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:07 am 
Post subject: EBay Poor Descriptions

Probably a silly question, but have you contacted the seller about the missing pages?
From looking at their listings, they do mention wear, ageing etc, but as they have only taken photos of the front page of the newspapers, it could be that they simply have not opened them up and assumed the pages are intact.
I'm also pretty sure that I have dealt with her in the past, but can't remember what I bought.
She's not on my blocked list, so I assume all went ok.

Personally, when I list programmes or magazines, I will look at every page to make sure there are no scribbles or bits missing first.
It's time consuming, but at least I know my listings are accurate.
Rafehod

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:32 am 
Post subject:

I totally agree, I would say 99% of problems can be resolved with communication especially considering your complaint. As five and in said I think its just a case of a seller who has not been thorough in their examination of the product they sell.

If you get in touch with them, they will resolve this for you. I know if it was me who sold it, Firstly and most importantly I would apologise, then give you a full refund and say you could keep it.
Footyfan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:05 am 
Post subject:

I have been in touch requesting a Return via Ebay and asking the Seller to cover the £3.95 cost of Return Postage. after all he has listed the items incorrectly.

The Seller has refused claiming it is only the 'Sports Pages' he is selling but I pointed out that these Sports Edition contained a lot of club news/gossip. columnists etc on the inner pages.

I referred him to this well known Seller who lists items accurately:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1967-8-LEEDS-UNITED-v-WEST-BROMWICH-ALBION-YORKSHIRE-EVENING-POST-4-PAGES/142825505267?hash=item21411041f3%3Ag%3AgasAAOSwPDdbDZSx&_saslop=2&_sop=10&_nkw=leeds+evening&_sacat=64482&_sasl=bobfrankandelvis&_from=R40&rt=nc&LH_TitleDesc=1%7C1&_ipg=200&_stpos=EX5+2QA

Dispute now elevated to PayPal.

I appears the Seller has multiple IDs on Ebay and I have bought before with no problems.
Rafehod

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:38 am 
Post subject:

Footyfan wrote:
I have been in touch requesting a Return via Ebay and asking the Seller to cover the £3.95 cost of Return Postage. after all he has listed the items incorrectly.

The Seller has refused claiming it is only the 'Sports Pages' he is selling but I pointed out that these Sports Edition contained a lot of club news/gossip. columnists etc on the inner pages.

Take back everything I said above, this bod is obviously a prat who cannot own up or take responsibility for his errors.

Good man for teaching him a lesson as you will of course be successful with your claim, and rightly so!!
kcs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:51 am 
Post subject:

I have had trouble with this seller, but under the Rafety username.

I bid on and won a single sheet Leeds home FAYC game from the late 70's - normally the blue square reserve type single sheet type issue.... however, a FAYC game from a previous season had a much darker issue, but still the same size and format etc.
It appeared (from a very dubious and poorly taken - likely to be on purpose) form the picture to be the more darker single sheet, not a problem at this stage but I did not bid too high.

The "programme" arrived, I believe I was away with work, and when I opened it I received an a4 piece of paper with a photocopy of the original in the middle of the a4 sheet.
Clearly not the original and a clear p1ss take.

I contacted the seller, who goes by the name Denise, and explained that this is not an original programme and I would like my money back.... The seller argued that I had taken the original and photocopied it and tried to scam the seller - unbelievable!!
The envelope had not been tampered with so it was almost certainly the same package that had been sent from the seller.

I continued to argue the case but could not put an issue in with eBay due to the timings from memory.... After a few to-and-through emails I received an email from a "third party" friend of the seller claiming I was trying my luck because the seller was a female and I thought she didn't know what she was doing etc etc.

I have since been blocked from bidding on Rafety's items!

Clearly a scam, the poor picture should have been a give away, other items from that seller appear to have decent images.

I would proceed with caution where this seller is concerned!

Showcase your collection in an online programme guide!
Display your research in a comprehensive history archive!
goonerboy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:22 pm 
Post subject:

In principle its fine if they are only selling Sports pages but that doesn't excuse them not describing that in their title or description. You are completely correct in being disappointed and taking action. Good luck. It always annoys me that a seller does not have to pay return postage if it was their lack of an adequately accurate description that was the problem.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: