Football Programmes Centre

Buying programmes on Facebook......
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Buying programmes on Facebook......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rafehod

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:09 pm 
Post subject: Buying programmes on Facebook......

Wow ......

Been looking at this for a few days and what a bleedin joke. Loads of programmes and bundles offered for sale, but actually buying them at a reasonable price is a different thing altogether.

I hear you ask, what is a reasonable price. Well we all do it....we look at ebay and see what the going rate is or check the recently sold section and we get a rough idea from there....

A lot of sellers just say make me an offer say for a bundle of 50 1960s progs with nothing that particularly great in them....probably between £10 and £15 ish on Ebay these days but even if you offer lets say £18 you will not get a response or an imojee laughing its head off at your derisory offer.

Yes you have the dealers and other folk who list progs at set prices which is fair enough and they will make the sales as always good luck to them.....but the make me an offer brigade, ppheeewwww.

Is it me or is Facebook full of duds who know nowt about the value of programmes these days.

Let me know your experiences and thoughts as it should be a great platform to do this on
Dorking

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:19 pm 
Post subject:

Programmes offered for sale on facebook seem to fall into a few categories:-

- bundles of very low value 70s common stuff
- people selling random programmes from a few years ago, yet asking pretty much the cover price for run of the mill programmes
- foreign sellers with what looks like fake Europa/Champions League programmes

I prefer buying from the tried and trusted established sellers through their websites to be honest.
Eck

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:00 pm 
Post subject:

I have 4 programme groups on facebook.
The first rule in all of them is you must quote a fixed price.

The Celtic group is useless, i've tried to build it up but it's flogging a dead horse.

The Rangers group is successful, it has spawned a lot of new collectors, there are major collectors on it as well.
We mostly meet at Ibrox on matchdays and at our meeting place there are 100 plus over the course of an hour or two before kick off completing deals struck on facebook.

The Internationals group is what you would expect it to be like.

The general site for all teams is hit and miss mainly because there are more successful programme groups.

All in all facebook is a very good place for buying and selling I would say.
Posh1959

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:28 pm 
Post subject:

Facebook is full of people wanting to buy and never completing the order many time wasters on there.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: