Football Programmes Centre

Am I in the wrong?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Am I in the wrong?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rafehod

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:38 am 
Post subject:

It is interesting to hear the thoughts of everyone regards to feedback, and the also the problems it seems to cause even before any has been left.

Whether you seek feedback or not it is important to remember that it is optional not mandatory and should be treated as such.

All this 'I will leave feedback only after you have done it' belongs in the playground and is not a good basis for any transaction.

People can get obsessed with it almost craving it similar to likes on posts in social media platforms. I can remember a number of seller who I purchased items from on ebay hassling me to leave it for them for which they got a firm response.

Why is it so different to a purchase in a bricks and mortar store? I dont lick the face of the checkout girl at Sainsburys each friday, just a pleasant chat and a have a nice day suffices and leaves everyone happy.

The most important thing is that the transaction goes well and you can safely assume it has, if you dont hear anything or receive feedback for it because you can be damn sure if a buyer is not happy you are going to know about it.
Eck

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:21 am 
Post subject:

I always leave feedback but there are certain sellers who stopped leaving me feedback for reasons unknown to me. Peter Rundo and Brian Johnson are 2 of them, I helped a Hibs fan who asked me for the 2016 cup final programme v Rangers, I put one on ebay and sent her a link to it buy it now £8 when they were selling for 40, she never left me feedback and was deeply offended when I mentioned it to her.
NWM Football

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:47 pm 
Post subject:

On the infrequent occasions I sell, I leave feedback when posting out, and include tracking number as I always post by recorded delivery. I'll also print off the invoice and write "Many thanks for your purchase" and pop it in with whatever I'm sending.

I'm not bothered about all the points/stars for description, communication or whatever, but DO like to see it returned purely as an acknowledgement that the item has arrived safely
Visit http://nwmfootball.com/ for programmes, books, DVDs, shirts & sportswear and other football collectables. Click here http://nwmfootball.com/nwm-diary/ to see which Programme Fairs and Antiques & Collectors' Fairs we will be attending.
Eck

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:41 pm 
Post subject:

NWM Football wrote:
On the infrequent occasions I sell, I leave feedback when posting out, and include tracking number as I always post by recorded delivery. I'll also print off the invoice and write "Many thanks for your purchase" and pop it in with whatever I'm sending.

I'm not bothered about all the points/stars for description, communication or whatever, but DO like to see it returned purely as an acknowledgement that the item has arrived safely

Thumbs Up
Paul Johnson

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:32 pm 
Post subject:

Only other week i sold a full set of Chelsea programmes on a Monday and the buyer asked if i could get them to him for the Thursday as it was a present. Posted them straight away 1st class but didnt get any feedback or acknowledgement from him Sad
NWM Football

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:35 pm 
Post subject:

Very poor, particularly when you drop everything to get the item out for them.
Visit http://nwmfootball.com/ for programmes, books, DVDs, shirts & sportswear and other football collectables. Click here http://nwmfootball.com/nwm-diary/ to see which Programme Fairs and Antiques & Collectors' Fairs we will be attending.
se20blue

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:45 pm 
Post subject:

Unfortunately the same thing happens with members on this site,they supply a list of programmes they require,you find them all and get back to them then hear nothing.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: