Football Programmes Centre

Old Liverpool Photo's and Postcard
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Old Liverpool Photo's and Postcard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
100club

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:45 pm 
Post subject: Old Liverpool Photo's and Postcard

I found these recently.

I'm looking for information of what match/'s the 4 press photo's are from
they are stamped Liverpool Evening Express on the back, one of them has v Derby County written on it but I'm unsure if all 4 are from the same match.
The Postcard appears to be the 1904/05 team line up.
The other photo on the pennant says 'Liverpool FC ....1st June 1936 ....FC Riplensia. Any information with regards to this friendly match would be appreciated?

Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:19 pm 
Post subject:

Great stuff. I'm in contact with a couple of LFC experts so am happy to ask them, but I would need to send them jpegs so they can expand them and get a closer view of faces etc.

At this stage I would guess that the 4th action photo down is a different game to the top 3 as the white team's socks are different, but the top 3 could well be from the same game.

Anyway, please email me by clicking the button below, and if you don't mind, please send me scans of each one, teamgroups too.

Rest assured they won't appear anywhere else.

Cheers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Crusader66

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:31 pm 
Post subject: Re: Old Liverpool Photo's and Postcard

100club wrote:
I found these recently.

I'm looking for information of what match/'s the 4 press photo's are from
they are stamped Liverpool Evening Express on the back, one of them has v Derby County written on it but I'm unsure if all 4 are from the same match.
The Postcard appears to be the 1904/05 team line up.
The other photo on the pennant says 'Liverpool FC ....1st June 1936 ....FC Riplensia. Any information with regards to this friendly match would be appreciated?

According to LFC History Liverpool played Ripensia Timisoara of Romania on June 2nd 1936 A’s part of their tour of Czechoslovakia, Yugoslavia and Romania.

http://www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/FriendlyGame/8420
100club

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:41 pm 
Post subject:

Yes I heard it's noted as the 2nd June but I'm pretty sure (using a magnifying glass) it says 1st June....just a bit of a puzzle unless the tour started on the 1st and the match was actually played on the 2nd? Thanks for your help.
Rocky

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:46 pm 
Post subject:

Press cuttings, as per below, indicate that Liverpool played the Venus Club on 1st June.

and Ritensia on 2nd June

https://www.flickr.com/photos/187311548@N07/albums

https://www.flickr.com/photos/117760314@N07/albums
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: