Football Programmes Centre

Ebay fees
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Ebay fees

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:32 pm 
Post subject: Ebay fees

I've recently sold a few things for the first time in a long time on eBay.

I've noticed that when a buyer pays with PayPal I'm not receiving the full value of the payment and there is a deduction of around 3%, is this a new process?

It may well be that its always been like that and my mind is playing tricks (I'm not getting any younger!) but I always thought you received the full value of the item sold, and at the end of the month eBay then levied the various fees?
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:42 pm 
Post subject: Re: Ebay fees

Tynie Topics wrote:

I've noticed that when a buyer pays with PayPal I'm not receiving the full value of the payment and there is a deduction of around 3%, is this a new process?

It may well be that its always been like that and my mind is playing tricks (I'm not getting any younger!) but I always thought you received the full value of the item sold, and at the end of the month eBay then levied the various fees?

Ask your buyers to pay you by the friends n family route-that ensures u get 100% of the value but you are not protected in case it gets stole or lost I am told. I made a large payment abroad and that was the criteria[no cover] as it is supposed to be going to friends and family who will not rip u off?

Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:46 pm 

manchesterunitedman1 wrote:

Ask your buyers to pay you by the friends n family route-that ensures u get 100% of the value but you are not protected in case it gets stole or lost I am told. I made a large payment abroad and that was the criteria[no cover] as it is supposed to be going to friends and family who will not rip u off?
Wave

These were just normal BIN ebay sales with PayPal requested.

I'm almost certain that no fees used to be decucted from the payment immediately, and that came later via eBay, although something in the back of my mind thinks eBay no longer own PayPal which may have something to do with it.

No big deal, just wanted to get my head back round the fee structure again.
smk06

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:52 pm 
Post subject:

This ebay final fee calculator is useful.

http://finalfeecalc.co.uk

Derby County home wants:
1982/83 Sunderland Fr (s/s)
Reds v Whites & Whites v Blues 1948-1957
1946/47 Arsenal post 5/2

Derby County away wants:
1968/69 Carlisle post 8/2/69
1946/47 Middlesbrough, Liverpool
1945/46 West Brom

Also looking for Guiseley home programmes pre-1980s.
se20blue

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:01 pm 

Tynie Topics wrote:

Here are the fees that you get charged. If you receive upto £1500 in your paypal account per month, you will be charged 3.4% and 20p on every payment made into your paypal account, if you received over £1500 in your paypal account, you will pay 2.9% and 20p for every transaction received.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:55 pm 
Post subject:

smk06 wrote:
This ebay final fee calculator is useful.

http://finalfeecalc.co.uk

Very handy Thumbs Up
Rafehod

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:07 am 
Post subject:

Paypal have always charged fees, 20p per transaction plus about 3% its been like that for years and years. Ebay have always had their 10%/11% but Paypal have also always charged. Overall it should work out about 15% of your transaction goes in fees and been like that for at least the last 15-20 years
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:36 am 
Post subject:

Rafehod wrote:
Paypal have always charged fees, 20p per transaction plus about 3% its been like that for years and years. Ebay have always had their 10%/11% but Paypal have also always charged. Overall it should work out about 15% of your transaction goes in fees and been like that for at least the last 15-20 years

Yeah I know that, but I'm certain the Paypal part of the fee was never deducted before you received the payment, that's all I was querying.

Anyway all clear now, thanks all for your help.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: