Football Programmes Centre

Halifax Town homes 1953/4
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Halifax Town homes 1953/4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes You Require
View previous topic :: View next topic  
backtobackchamps

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 12:43 pm 
Post subject: Halifax Town homes 1953/4

Missing 5:-
Grimsby,Chester,Workington,York and Tranmere.
Anyone help ?
MINSTERMAN

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 3:02 pm 
Post subject:

I'm told that the York game was a non-issue. so I have stopped looking for it, but it still intrigues me.

I'd been chasing it for 20 long years, but the prominent Halifax collectors have now convinced me that nothing was produced, although I'd llike to know more about the circumstances.

Very few football league matches between any clubs are rarely non-issues, although sadly this could be about to chnage in 2018/19 Smile

another long-niggly mystery is the PP game from 01/12/73.........nothing has ever surfaced but Andrew Pinfold always used to jolke that he had a copy............................
backtobackchamps

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 3:38 pm 
Post subject:

I'l do some digging.The 53/4 issue wasn't on Bobby Greenwood's last wants list before he sold up which suggests he got it.I'l have a word with Andy regarding the 73 issue but calling him Pinfold won't help.. Laughing
MINSTERMAN

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:17 pm 
Post subject:

damn keybored !
backtobackchamps

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:08 pm 
Post subject:

MINSTERMAN wrote:
I'm told that the York game was a non-issue. so I have stopped looking for it, but it still intrigues me.

I'd been chasing it for 20 long years, but the prominent Halifax collectors have now convinced me that nothing was produced, although I'd llike to know more about the circumstances.

Very few football league matches between any clubs are rarely non-issues, although sadly this could be about to chnage in 2018/19 Smile

another long-niggly mystery is the PP game from 01/12/73.........nothing has ever surfaced but Andrew Pinfold always used to jolke that he had a copy............................

Appears neither exist mate,which ties in with both our findings.Halifax v Rochdale 54/5 has never appeared either and Halifax v Mansfield 58/9 only has a mega rare s/s which may have been the case with the other 2 and no copies survived.
1980Cossie

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 6:10 pm 
Post subject:

I was informed by a York collector a month or so ago he knows another York collector who has a 1953/54 Halifax v York programme in his collection.

He was going to forward me a scan at some point, if/when he does i'll upload an image on here.
MINSTERMAN

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 7:07 pm 
Post subject:

I would never say never about issues, but I think I know most if not all of the serious York collectors and most are open about what issues they have. No-one has these two issues to my knowledge, and even a few players collections over the years have never included the 53/54 issue but lots of other rarities around the same period, single sheets and the like.

If you want to drop me a PM re the collectors names I could probably quickly follow it up, but I'd understand if you don't want to betray any confidences. I had something similar a few years ago about a Town collector having the issues but nothing has ever submitted as evidence Smile

I had resolved that my hunting was over, so I'd probably prefer them not to exist, but like Nessie and the Yeti there's a bit of me that remains intrigued Smile

For York fans the holy grail is Valur H 74/75 in a FR, more recent and even those collectors who went to the game say that nothing was produced....yet City have issued something for every 1st team game since the war so it does seem odd.

the joys of collecting, pleasure and torment in equal measures !
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes You Require All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: