Football Programmes Centre

Suitable punishment?..
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Suitable punishment?..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Ticket Collectors Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wrinkydinkles

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 10:01 pm 
Post subject: Suitable punishment?..

Hi All

So I've got quite a few rare Spanish tickets listed on ebay at the moment and this Serbian guy pleads with me to swap a rare Valencia V Red Star ticket for several of his tickets. Now I don't mind swapping as long as its worth my while so we agree a deal. On Friday the tickets arrive, and here's the thing, the most expensive ticket, a Red Star V Fiorentina European Cup semi final from 57(I think) is a photocopy!
Now I have absolutely no doubt that this guy knew what he was sending me although he now pleads ignorance. Luckily, although I don't mind swapping, I never send tickets out before my 'payment' has been received so now I have his tickets which he now wants me to send back. Now I like to think I'm a nice guy so my immediate instinct was to agree to send them back but the more I think about it the angrier I get, after all he has tried to defraud me. So what d I do?..send them back?..He obviously thinks it ok to do this sort of thing and maybe he has defrauded others this way? All advice welcome!
Thanks
Wullie

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 10:43 pm 
Post subject:

I would send them back . It's going to cost you as you'd better get a signature to prove they have arrived. I've seen some interesting (dodgy) stuff from Serbia . Wouldn't touch them.
wrinkydinkles

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 10:48 pm 
Post subject:

One things for sure..if I do send them back there is no way I'm paying for it!
He can do a friends and family paypal payment or a bank transfer.
slightfold

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 8:23 am 
Post subject:

Don't get mad get even. Make copies of everything he has sent and pop them in the post. It will only cost you a stamp! When he gets them he will squeal and you can say that you have made a genuine mistake as you had inadvertenty sent back your copies of his tickets, Obviously you will say that you will of course send his stuff back but to guarantee that they get to him he will have pre-pay the postage. Judge
manutd1977

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 8:40 am 
Post subject:

I myself would send all his items back and not sink to his level.
And also name and shame the seller to avoid others falling for any future attempted frauds.
wrinkydinkles

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 5:14 pm 
Post subject:

I like it slightfold Very Happy
As angry as I was I’ve calmed down a bit now so will send them back in my own time but I’m left wondering how he would of reacted if I had sent out the ticket before I got his?Do I really think he would send mine back? Absolutely not!
Eck

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:29 pm 
Post subject:

He's a conman but I would send his tickets back - after he has paid for return post.
roughyedz

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 5:07 pm 
Post subject:

I assume that you did all this "Outside E-Bay" so if they found out about this from someone you could be banned or anything similar that they see fit to do if they find you have abused them Shocked , id send em back and just thank your lucky stars you were wise enough to not send yours off. Is there no possibility its a genuine mistake ? In any case as already said dont stoop to the gutter and do the honrable thing. . . how much is it to send back recorded , which i would do even if its a fiver just for peace of mind, how much are his worth anyway ??
wrinkydinkles

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:04 pm 
Post subject:

Hi, his were probably worth about the the same as mine if not slightly more but they would all get sold on eBay anyway so they wouldn’t miss out.If anything they’d probably get a bit more than for my one ticket. No chance of a genuine mistake. I noticed straight away that it was a fake. I think he was just hoping that I’d send mine out at the same time as he sent his. He’s transferred money into my PayPal so am sending them back to him now anyway...
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Ticket Collectors Section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: