Football Programmes Centre

Contact from Andrew Lane - Football Sports Auctions Limited
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Contact from Andrew Lane - Football Sports Auctions Limited

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shrimper

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 12:03 pm 
Post subject: Contact from Andrew Lane - Football Sports Auctions Limited

Have been in touch with Andrew Lane courtesy of Facebook.
We exchanged 769 words back-and-for, so I’ll summarize.
Despite leaving a lot of collectors on these forums the best part of £130k out of pocket when Football Sports Auctions went bust, he would like you to feel sorry for him.
Two things he lost were: ‘my cars, good friends’. I suggested his friends weren’t that good if they left him in his hour of need, and he didn’t react when I asked about the ‘carS’ - note the plural.
He dodged questions about taking expensive holidays while his business nosedived, but bridled at the fact forum posters and others merely ‘speculated’ about what had gone on. He offered no new insight on the truth - or his version of it.
He also mentioned the £5,000 ‘ex owners of crown currency’ took off him ‘over 6 years ago’. Anyone, who read his former Facebook page will be familiar with this.
I asked whether this prompted continued trading when he could no longer pay creditors, but he dodged that too.
Those who read the entire previous FSA thread here will recall Lane’s claim the whole fiasco started when a previous creditor called in a big debt.
I suggested he failed to safeguard the means to pay it back.
‘Yep, exactly right,’ was Mr Lane’s reply.
He says he said sorry at the liquidators meeting - did he? I wasn’t there, and added, without the aid of a calculator I assume, the loss suffered by ordinary collectors was ‘nearer the 16k mark’.
The paperwork from the liquidators listed one poor collector alone who lost £41,500.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/sportingmemorabilainvestment/posts/

This Facebook page has removed and disabled the comments section.
I made it plain I would continue to remind all here, as well as the Liverpool Echo about his business dealings, and encourage all to steer well clear of his current operation.

His reply? three letters:
‘lol’…

PS. PM me if you want the entire transcript
daiward

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 4:11 pm 
Post subject:

Is he a Freemason? If so it makes all sense with his attitude. Jimmy Savile showed us how much they are protected.
Wullie

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 4:55 pm 
Post subject:

He was very lucky he never went to prison . Had Wirral trading standards did their job properly instead of handing the case over to a trainee completely out of her depth . I doubt he had any real friends . Just hangers on waiting to see what he could steal for their collections.
Dorking

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 7:57 pm 
Post subject:

He'll be looking over his shoulder for a very long time, mark my words.
Wullie

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:04 pm 
Post subject:

Odd he mentions Crown currency . I have read up on the and found the following snippets.

"" Administrators brought in to investigate Crown Currency's accounts found it ran a "risky business model" and traded while insolvent for over a year. ""

"" found to have run a 'Ponzi' scheme whereby money from new investors was used to pay off existing investors, when the money should have come from the company's profits.""

Sounds familiar ? At least these crooks went to prison.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:39 pm 
Post subject:

Wullie wrote:
He was very lucky he never went to prison . Had Wirral trading standards did their job properly instead of handing the case over to a trainee completely out of her depth . I doubt he had any real friends . Just hangers on waiting to see what he could steal for their collections.

You're probably not far off the mark there Wullie.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: