Football Programmes Centre

Andy Lane two years on.
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Andy Lane two years on.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wullie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:05 pm 
Post subject: Andy Lane two years on.

I received a letter today from the Liquidation company. Affairs are now fully wound-up.

I'll take a quick peak , but i doubt there's anything of interest . If there's anything in particular you wish me to look for then give me a shout.

I think we're all bored with the creep by now, but if anything came out of this i hope it makes people think twice in future when conducting any big money deals. Be careful.
Wullie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:30 pm 
Post subject:

All i can find is he has been disqualified for ten years from being a company director ( big deal) .

It admits, he basically, withheld money from clients, whilst continuing in business . It all stinks, i don't even know why i'm bothering with this. His only assets were £1000 shares in a football club. Laughing

Lessons learnt. Never trust anyone. Programme Monthly is a disgrace. Certain Sunderland collectors , who i was desperately trying to get in touch with to help me out , all kept silent. Enjoy your third tier football , you deserve it. The law is a joke. And finally move on, still some great people in the hobby , but as i say , watch your backs.
whosbrianwilson

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:17 pm 
Post subject:

Wullie - Agree with everything you say, but why is Programme Monthly to blame?
overlap

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:48 pm 
Post subject:

Re: the section in the liquidators report regarding the behaviour that led to Lane being disqualified as a director for 10 years.

It appears that between 1 May 2015 and 29 April 26 "cash withdrawals made by me, transfers to me, items of personal expenditure by me, and payments to my company credit card account, [represented] a net outflow of funds to me of £64,105 in the period."

No doubt these "outflows" provided a very comfy lifestyle for the year in question, while vendors waited for money that would never materialise.
Wullie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:52 pm 
Post subject:

Exactly mate. This is why the law is a complete joke. Nothing said that has been said before . No point in dragging the filth up again. Let him sell his 99p items for the rest of his life. It's done.
whosbrianwilson

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:42 am 
Post subject:

Again, I agree entirely, but why the gripe with Programme Monthly?
daiward

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:31 pm 
Post subject:

I have also received the ‘last rights’ spiel from the liquidators and have sent them my parting shot.
‘I am still bemused by the fact that Mr Lane has not had to reveal to whom he apparently sold my items in or outside of auction. Surely this must be on record at the Saleroom or if not then Mr Lane is possibly guilty of a criminal act. I still cannot understand why this matter has not been handed over to the police.’
If Andy Lane thinks this is the end of the matter then he better wake up. He has seriously offended us all who lost out on his dealings. The law may be an ass Wullie and I totally agree with you but some of us who tried back then and still do in the present to make it work for the benefit of true victims are watching him closely. Friends of friends. Andy Lane may have escaped a prison sentence so far but he will have to forever look over his shoulder.
Wullie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:32 pm 
Post subject:

whosbrianwilson wrote:
Again, I agree entirely, but why the gripe with Programme Monthly?

I've sent you a message
whosbrianwilson

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:57 pm 
Post subject:

Replied. Thanks Wullie
Wullie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:09 pm 
Post subject:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/hammer-falls-on-wirral-based-director-of-sports-auction-company

""Despite escalating liabilities to clients after April 2015, Mr Lane continued to enjoy substantial earnings from FSA and items of personal expenditure paid for by FSA.""

A disqualification order has the effect that without specific permission of a court, a person with a disqualification cannot:

act as a director of a company
take part, directly or indirectly, in the promotion, formation or management of a company or limited liability partnership
be a receiver of a company’s property.""

So i wonder if that company the deals in choice items for the discerning investor is still running ???? sportingmemorabiliainvestment.com
No. This webpage is expired . Clap Clap
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:27 am 
Post subject:

He will do what conmen have done since time immemorial and keep starting up new ventures. Doesn't need to be registered as a company to do that when you have ebay gumtree et al. There are collectors out there as well who benefited from his crooked dealings.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:40 am 
Post subject:

Auchinleckian wrote:
He will do what conmen have done since time immemorial and keep starting up new ventures. Doesn't need to be registered as a company to do that when you have ebay gumtree et al. There are collectors out there as well who benefited from his crooked dealings.

Correct John and knowingly paid under the odds for stolen goods as in effect that is what they are, which makes them also crooks, it also amazes me that some folks on here say they know who worked with him to distribute the il gotten gains but no one is willing to give out names-I wonder why? Sherlock

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
daiward

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:07 pm 
Post subject:

Naming names Leslie is fraught without an initial police investigation. Certainly not to be divulged on this forum with all the legal implications. As it appears the liquidators are only there to go through the motions as they do so we will never get that investigation? It is probably all too late now as the miscreants have had time to sort or dispose of their gains. I for one will be watching closely for anything offered in future that I believe to my stolen item and go on from there. Sad for all of us to have to await such an event but whoever supposedly bought our items has at some point will be found out and need to explain. A final say. This will never go away.
Wullie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:31 pm 
Post subject:

To be fair , i heard a story of a well known collector that was offered some rare pre war programmes from Lane. Whilst the collector would have loved to have had them , he realised that they could only have come from a batch that Lane had up for his latest auction. In other words, Lane had removed the prized items from a large collection, more than likely from an unsuspecting person , who was left the collection in a will. And he thought he had a ready made buyer. Thankfully this particular bloke had morals and said no thank you or something like that. Thankfully there are some decent people around .
Lane must have made quite a lucrative tax free living out of this practise. But he got too flash with his cash, got greedy and got caught out.
Ronsaunders

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:33 am 
Post subject:

I'm not impacted by the actual events but know that if the individual was trading insolvently etc. then an action can be taken against him to secure cash from his personal assets. He may have no assets per se for these purposes, but at least then he would be bankrupted meaning that it will be harder for him to be able to fleece people in the future.

The shield of limited liability can be lifted in certain circumstances and any costs could be mitigated by a number of people doing this.
Wullie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:17 am 
Post subject:

Ronsaunders wrote:
I'm not impacted by the actual events but know that if the individual was trading insolvently etc. then an action can be taken against him to secure cash from his personal assets. He may have no assets per se for these purposes, but at least then he would be bankrupted meaning that it will be harder for him to be able to fleece people in the future.

The shield of limited liability can be lifted in certain circumstances and any costs could be mitigated by a number of people doing this.

I'm afraid the old crook was well ahead of the game. He had no assets and was made bankrupt. He knew every trick in the book my friend .
andy1966

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:09 pm 
Post subject:

I have just seen Football Sports Auctions Limited has changed its name on Facebook to Football and Sporting Memorabilia Wanted. Is this Andy Lane?
Wullie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:41 pm 
Post subject:

Looks like it. Of course it'll be Mrs Lane not Mr Lane. Can't he get a proper job ? Obviously the temptation of making easy money is too great for this crook. When you read elsewhere a good honest bloke like Steve Earl retiring and this fraudster Lane trying to get back into the hobby, well it doesn't look good for the future.
TheSorter!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:23 pm 
Post subject: andy lane

Were bailiffs not sent to his house to get his assets?? I.e. thousands of pounds worth of programmes? Shocked
Wullie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:44 pm 
Post subject: Re: andy lane

TheSorter! wrote:
Were bailiffs not sent to his house to get his assets?? I.e. thousands of pounds worth of programmes? Shocked

His garage was stuffed with programmes. But then he mysteriously had no assets .
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: