Football Programmes Centre

Manchester City 2017/2018 Premier League Champions--Boo Hoo!
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Manchester City 2017/2018 Premier League Champions--Boo Hoo!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Topbidwinsagain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:27 pm 
Post subject: Re: Manchester City 2017/18 Premier League

Flaming Pie wrote:
Tops, l was looking forward to reading your responce to manunt 1977’s negative remarks about the current owners of City. You seem very knowledgeable about all things regarding the club. If l followed a team as good as them, l would be only too happy to come on this forum and crow about them. To come up with a what appeared to be a sarcastic ‘ this a football forum, stick to football’ type reply is not very enlightening. I take it from your responce that you do not have a problem with the issues about City’s owners that manunt 1977 raised?

My reply was not sarcastic just to the point ie. not relevant to football.
If you look at the objection raised by the member it is against the Manchester City Council and directed at them--maybe he has some problem against the Northern Powerhouse.
If you wish to engage in politics on this forum you will open up a can of worms for example Iraq, Viet Nam, Syria, Palestine, Saudi Arabia, Yemen,Libya,Russia. and the list goes on.Just recently we bombed targets in Syria(at the behest of the USA again--remember weapons of mass destruction lies--good old smiling Tony), the purpose was to destroy chemical weapon factories from producing nerve gas etc.Now, forgive me if I am naïve, would not such bombing send huge clouds of the same nerve gas into the air and cause such pollution as to potentially kill/injure hundreds of people, maybe thousands, who reside in that area.
Not one report has been released to us plebs.Not one report as to the number of people killed by such action--do you believe not one fatality!
So, the post was a deliberate bait to entice anger and retribution through this forum and we have evidenced this before by other people(?)and it is not required or necessary and it has no place here in my view.
Today, at the Etihad (yes, I actually go to the matches) I watched a display of superb football by Manchester City as they pushed aside the visitors and went on to win 5-0.The standard of football by this City team has to be admired. BUT, as we walked away I gave some thought to the loyal fans from South Wales who had made the journey and then had to return that long journey back and the miserable feeling that they must have---having experienced that many times with my club it is not pleasant to say the least. So, that is football, your gain is someone else's loss---on this forum your jibe is a pain to someone else but lets keep a modicum of humour instead of stirring the dirt that is reaped by certain people--you included!
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:43 pm 
Post subject:

It doesn't help when you have Moderators with no contribution to make other than a glib line looking to belittle people.

That's called trolling where I come from. Nice example to set.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/newport-county-badges/albums
Flaming Pie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:04 pm 
Post subject: Manchester City 2017/18 Premier League Champions

Tops, if mentioning the humans rights record of the owner of a top club is stirring the dirt, as you accused me of, then l plead guilty. Obviously producing a great team that plays beautiful football is all that matters to you, and to hell with how this is achieved. We are all grown ups on this forum. What is wrong with debating how Manchester City achieved this? Your political rant has got nothing to do with football, but if that rocks your boat , then carry on.There is an interesting article by Nick Cohen title ‘ Who Pays for Manchester City’ Beautiful Game? The Guardian 24 Dec2017. If you are up to reading something slightly negative about your club, take a look at it. So you go to games, does that make your opinion more valid than anyone else. For the record, l do think manutd 1977 should be allowed to point us to articles/ documentaries about football. It all increases our knowledge of the game. Who are you to dictate what should be discussed on this forum. Fortunately, we do not live in one of those countries where debate is not permitted, ring a bell? I do agree with you about the likes of me not having a sense of humour though Crying or Very sad
Topbidwinsagain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:50 pm 
Post subject: Manchester City 2017/2018 Premier League Champions--Boo Hoo!

To state 'a great team that plays beautiful football is all that matters to you(me)' as though you know me and 'who are you to dictate what should be discussed' is so banal as to not be worth a reply.
I get it though--I write something you have a dig--I reply, you have another dig etc etc each time digging something else up.
I now draw your attention to the original post because I have little to add that may entertain you and we should leave it to the others to make their own minds up on what has been stated.
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:58 am 
Post subject:

Careful Pie. A post like that might get the clique on your case.

Then, next week, they'll be wondering again why 98% of the membership don't bother posting on here.

That'll be down to Bazza & Ray though, obviously.
Those pair of blackguards.
Totally their fault.

It's a mystery.

I'm done mate, but you've been a star - as have a few others on here (they don't deserve them).

Adios my blue friend - don't try reasoning with Tops, you can't educate pork.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/newport-county-badges/albums
Flaming Pie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:51 am 
Post subject: Manchester City 2017/ 2018

Thanks Wiggy. Great result last night. They are starting to look like the team of the season. Salah , wow! Wish l had backed him to score in all those games. Would have had enough to take us all to the final in Kiev. Wave
manutd1977

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:35 pm 
Post subject: Re: Manchester City 2017/2018 Premier League Champions--Boo

Topbidwinsagain wrote:
manutd1977 you are on the wrong forum--this is football.

You must have something positive to add regarding your experiences, so why not start your own topic.

How about this for a start:-

21 May 1977 was a warm, sunny day, I remember it so well, it was FA cup final match at Wembley between my club and ................................

Why am i on the wrong forum?
Because i have stated something you don't agree with?
The takeover and the bendover by Manchester city council is a big a part of citys history as any trophy.
Funny people blues,while Utd were cleaning up under Fergie,blues would try and tell us about their history.
This season Utd are accused of living on history,even though its 11 months since we won a european trophy compared to 48 years...
By the way,77 was a great year with United winning the cup and city finishing 2nd, Uniteds two 3-1 wins that season in the derby costing city the title Clap
Topbidwinsagain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:15 pm 
Post subject: Manchester City 2017/2018 Premier League Champions--Boo Hoo!

manutd1977 you missed the Hoo!--there you are it is on now.
The best way to win at gambling is to stop when you are winning, if you are cooking just get it crisp but cook it longer and it will be burnt.
I tried to guide others away from the wind-up but they took it line and sinker and then perpetuated it even though I tried to take the heat out of it--so well done.
The buy out at Manchester City (10 years ago--do not recall any loud voices then) plus the work that has been carried out since has ended up with the team being a massive success this season---not winning every match but certainly consistently over the season---we are comfortable in winning the Premier and the manner we have played.
The buy out at Manchester United (leaving United with a £700M debt???) split the fan base with such an impact that many loyal fans walked out and threw their season cards in the gutter---it resulted in FC United of Manchester being formed and they are now set up with their own stadium, some determination by former United fans.
Strange that you go about 1977, Manchester City lost the title in APRIL(not February when we played United) when we went to the Baseball Ground v Derby County and lost 4-0--we were that bad we were lucky to get nil that day! BUT to celebrate the two wins 3-1 against City,when in doing so, the championship was won by your greatest rivals Liverpool and you celebrate that. Come on--another wind-up.
My greatest memory was not 40 years ago but 6 years ago when United and Fergie celebrated at Sunderland with City 2-1 down. Then an equaliser and then the AAGGGEEERROOOO! winner. But that is football, more downs than ups, especially with City, but we will remember that day forever just for the goal.
United have won more trophies than City, United have better attendances than City,United are the richest club in the world,United always sign the most expensive players in the world(going back years),United have more sponsorships than any other club,United sell more merchandise than any other club,United have more income than any other club etc. etc. we hear it all the time, so what is the problem?
FINALLY---strange that you never mentioned United winning the TREBLE in 99.
manutd1977

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:55 am 
Post subject: Re: Manchester City 2017/2018 Premier League Champions--Boo

Topbidwinsagain wrote:
manutd1977 you missed the Hoo!--there you are it is on now.
The best way to win at gambling is to stop when you are winning, if you are cooking just get it crisp but cook it longer and it will be burnt.
I tried to guide others away from the wind-up but they took it line and sinker and then perpetuated it even though I tried to take the heat out of it--so well done.
The buy out at Manchester City (10 years ago--do not recall any loud voices then) plus the work that has been carried out since has ended up with the team being a massive success this season---not winning every match but certainly consistently over the season---we are comfortable in winning the Premier and the manner we have played.
The buy out at Manchester United (leaving United with a £700M debt???) split the fan base with such an impact that many loyal fans walked out and threw their season cards in the gutter---it resulted in FC United of Manchester being formed and they are now set up with their own stadium, some determination by former United fans.
Strange that you go about 1977, Manchester City lost the title in APRIL(not February when we played United) when we went to the Baseball Ground v Derby County and lost 4-0--we were that bad we were lucky to get nil that day! BUT to celebrate the two wins 3-1 against City,when in doing so, the championship was won by your greatest rivals Liverpool and you celebrate that. Come on--another wind-up.
My greatest memory was not 40 years ago but 6 years ago when United and Fergie celebrated at Sunderland with City 2-1 down. Then an equaliser and then the AAGGGEEERROOOO! winner. But that is football, more downs than ups, especially with City, but we will remember that day forever just for the goal.
United have won more trophies than City, United have better attendances than City,United are the richest club in the world,United always sign the most expensive players in the world(going back years),United have more sponsorships than any other club,United sell more merchandise than any other club,United have more income than any other club etc. etc. we hear it all the time, so what is the problem?
FINALLY---strange that you never mentioned United winning the TREBLE in 99.

Let me assure you,any person who went off to fc utd are not Manchester United fc fans.
This is the self-proclaimed "not a penny more" brigade who always manage to soften their stance when the finals/big european nights etc come along and mither for tickets.
Funny how the break away was around the same time as chelsea staring to clean up and reds watching players who should have got no closer to Old Trafford than working in catering on matchdays.
Utd fans fought Maxwell,Sky and the Glazers, the only possible takeover welcomed was Knighton-simply to depose the hated Edwards family...that turned out well!
As for me saying you lost the title in 77 v utd i am using the same logic as blues who claim Denis sent utd down,we could have won 10-0 that day and due to birmingham beating norwich we were down anyway.
Going back to that day their was still a few minutes remaning and their wes talk of replaying the game,city opposed and nothing came of it,utd losing 0-1 at stoke a few days later in an often forgoton game.
In 76 utd beat city 2-0,utd fans invaded the pitch with a couple of minutes to go,city demanded the game be replayed as Swales"i felt city could grab a draw at least)despite a 5-6 nil scoreline being more realistic,the fa declined his request,rightly so especially after the double standards shown in 74.
As for the treble,i doubt it will ever be done again,but that team for me will never mean as much as Docs boys in 1977.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: