Football Programmes Centre

Coronation Cup Final Ticket
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Coronation Cup Final Ticket

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Everything and Anything Scottish. In Honour of John Holroyd. RIP.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eck

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:31 pm 
Post subject: Coronation Cup Final Ticket

easycollector1958

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:52 am 
Post subject: Re: Coronation Cup Final Ticket

Eck wrote:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Celtic-v-Hibs-20th-May-1953-Coronation-Cup-Final-Match-Ticket-Rare/292522528067?hash=item441bb38d43:g:BgEAAOSwm3Ba0Lk6

Should this seller not be regestered as a buisness given looks like operating that way ?

Was just thinking that looking at this link and previous sales
Eck

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:27 pm 

easycollector1958 wrote:
Eck wrote:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Celtic-v-Hibs-20th-May-1953-Coronation-Cup-Final-Match-Ticket-Rare/292522528067?hash=item441bb38d43:g:BgEAAOSwm3Ba0Lk6

Should this seller not be regestered as a buisness given looks like operating that way ?

I know him personally, he is a major Celtic collector, he buys bulk at times just for one or two items that he doesn't have, I know that is the case with many collectors.
I don't see why this would concern you in any way though.
hibernian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:51 pm 

easycollector1958 wrote:
Eck wrote:

Why would he be expected to register as a business anyway ? is there a limit to the number of sales you can make privately ??
easycollector1958

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:10 pm 

hibernian wrote:
easycollector1958 wrote:
Eck wrote:

Why would he be expected to register as a business anyway ? is there a limit to the number of sales you can make privately ??

It’s a good shout as I had to register few years back think it’s £1000 a year yah irs no the number of sales you can earn tax free on eBay after costs it’s the £ note % if selling privately so think this seller has sold far more than that as I follow Scottish pre 70’s he has had many and to be fair not the only one buddy, think quite a few buying and selling not registering yet keep seeing dealers getting slated one way or the other on forums and they put in that extra work so guess just comes down to your morals and what you want to contribute to society and what you don’t.

But in answer to your question you can google it up the free personal allowance with H M R C as do what you can and cannot sell tax free per year.
easycollector1958

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:09 pm 

Eck wrote:
easycollector1958 wrote:
Eck wrote:

I know him personally, he is a major Celtic collector, he buys bulk at times just for one or two items that he doesn't have, I know that is the case with many collectors.
I don't see why this would concern you in any way though.

I think it’s important that if you are over your income threshold and you buy and sell that you help contribute to society be it roads schools or hospitals and help pay your way the fact that you “ know him personally “ then go on to say “ I don’t know why this would concern me “ and I guess you also mean any one else on the forum interested in the topic says a lot if was reading between the lines ?

If you know of other collectors “ buying in bulk “ maybe yourself include ?again you quote “ too keep one or two items” then I think as a U K older generation citizen whom has seen my own parents struggle through the war years then we build this county up on hard honest ethics that taxes should be paid on earnings if that is what a buyer is trying to do make a profit as a seller regulary by buying and selling.

I generally thought that this was common practice maybe I am in a minority I am new to this board so don’t know how it all works, so forgive me if I have got it wrong,
Ronsaunders

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:28 pm 
Post subject:

So you don't consider this to be the disposal of chattels? Per Eck they were not purchased with the intention of making a profit which also is indicative of it not being a business and subject to income taxes. Using your logic, then everyone should declare the sale of an old mobile phone after an upgrade as taxable income as that is also something that falls within the realms of chattels.

In addition, if a collection was bought to get a few items and then the remainder sold on, then if this were done so at less than he paid, do you think that HMRC would let this person carry forward the losses to forthcoming tax years? I suspect not and that HMRC would merely say that this was a chattel disposal with no carry forward allowed.

I have recently sold some 1960's reserves programmes. I have acquired them over a number of years. I sold them because I acquired a bound volume that contained them all and then some. I did not acquire them to trade but got a reasonable sum back for them. I do not believe that this is taxable.

Not one of us knows the details of this, but, my belief is that if you are selling off chattels, then you are allowed to sell up to £6k pa without there being the need to pay income tax.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:51 pm 

Eck wrote:

Anyway, some price!
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:26 pm 
Post subject:

The Rangers v Manchester United ticket from the 1953 Coronation Cup sold at Sportingold last Friday for £520 + around a further 20.4% or if the buyer was bidding via the saleroom add a further 3.5 to 4.5% OR SO % ON TOP.
sO AROUND £626 at least which trumps the ebay sale quite dramatically.

Now what about this ticket from that competition showing 2 off the matches, has anyone seen one of these before as I certainly have not other than this example:

https://flic.kr/p/6cqDVT

Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Eck

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:53 pm 
Post subject:

manchesterunitedman1 wrote:
The Rangers v Manchester United ticket from the 1953 Coronation Cup sold at Sportingold last Friday for £520 + around a further 20.4% or if the buyer was bidding via the saleroom add a further 3.5 to 4.5% OR SO % ON TOP.
sO AROUND £626 at least which trumps the ebay sale quite dramatically.

Now what about this ticket from that competition showing 2 off the matches, has anyone seen one of these before as I certainly have not other than this example:

https://flic.kr/p/6cqDVT

Wave

Nope, never seen that one.
Grumpypants

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:53 am 
Post subject:

Lovely items, but I am a little bit confused as the date of the programme is Wednesday 13th May 1953 and the ticket is for Saturday 16th May 1953.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:17 am 
Post subject:

Grumpypants wrote:
Lovely items, but I am a little bit confused as the date of the programme is Wednesday 13th May 1953 and the ticket is for Saturday 16th May 1953.

Correct.
Rangers v United was played on the 13th.

Perhaps once the draw was made for the early round in advance tickets were simply produced en bloc. The ticket that sold at Sportingold was for the 13th and involved only Rangers and MU. I am sure there will have been other tickets produced in this fashion until it appeared after one set of games who was going to play who and some of the programmes reflected this as well....https://flic.kr/p/6cqErt

It seems the Tournament was organised by Heath Robinson as well as perhaps natural Scottish thrift not to say 2 words when one will do Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Everything and Anything Scottish. In Honour of John Holroyd. RIP. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: