Football Programmes Centre

Harold Halse - Manchester United photo / postcard
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Harold Halse - Manchester United photo / postcard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronsaunders

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:58 pm 
Post subject: Harold Halse - Manchester United photo / postcard

Before I look to move this on, can anyone please help in doing this by the Wilkes stamp on the back? This is in pretty much excellent condition and so I'm just trying to date it just in case it dates from after his time at United.

manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:08 pm 
Post subject:

Well Halse is shown in a United strip when he signed in 1908 and he went on to Villa in 1912. https://flic.kr/p/6y4wcF

The image i have which is the same as your photo is a postcard from 1911 when a number of United players appeared in this way.

Therefore i could not answer your question with 100% accuracy but as Wilkes owned the image they could have re-produced it many years later, but as it only has MU/Aston Villa written on the back that could be a clue?-he went to Villa in July 1912 then onto Chelsea in May 1913 and stayed for many years till he went to Charlton Athletic 1921 and retired in 1923. no wiser but a little player career history

When the time comes to let it go, please let me know as I would be very interested indeed

Leslie
Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: