Football Programmes Centre

Ebay postage
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Ebay postage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
williebhoy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:12 am 
Post subject: Ebay postage

I won 3 programmes on Ebay total £5.00 they were listed at £1.30 post and packing for each. I contacted seller requesting a combined posting total which he ignored. Turns out he doesn't offer combined postage, so I again politely asked for a true total (£1.60 -1.70) or cancel my order..rather than leave negative feedback. We agreed to cancel, but should I have paid up and reported his excessive charges to Ebay.

When I sell items I don't profit from postage costs..often give refunds if lower than expected
Five and In

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:11 am 
Post subject: Ebay postage

We've covered this recently Willie, but I can't find the thread for you.

Some sellers view the postage as an "add on" to their sales price sadly.
If I am considering buying multiple items from a seller, I would normally ask the question about combined postage up front. At least if it's a negative answer, you can decide if the item is worth the overall cost to you.

As a seller, I always combine postage where possible, regardless of if it has been requested or not. I do not want to profit on postal charges, but equally important, we all want returning customers, so it is a sensible move too.

There is no point complaining to Ebay who claim to monitor reasonable postage charges by sellers, but charge ridiculous rates themselves via the GSP system.
A couple of days ago. I sold a badge for £4 to a guy in America who had been quoted £18 postage by Ebay. I sent it direct for £7 using a tracked service. Basic post would have been £4.

As said here many, many times before....they don't care as long as they get their piece of the action.
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:50 am 
Post subject:

It's considered poor form in the extreme not to combine, and it's been that way ever since I began on eBay in 2001. It's almost an unwritten rule.

Sadly, there's not much you can do if you're unfortunate enough to encounter that one greedy oaf looking to fleece you - aside from telling them you'll be leaving a negative feedback.

I can't remember who originally said it (think it might have been John aka Auck), but the best response I ever read on here was to tell them ... ok, if you don't combine postage, then I don't combine payment - I'll pay for one item with postage, and when it arrives I will pay you for the next item ... and so on.

Brilliant response I thought, and one I've kept in the memory locker for the day I'm unfortunate enough to encounter said greedy oaf.

Smile

https://www.flickr.com/photos/newport-county-badges/albums
Leigh Treymaine

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:36 pm 
Post subject: Ebay postage.

Yes John's idea is great. However recently I tried to pay for 2 items separately, as per John's strategy, but on checkout the postage was bundled together and could not be separated. No response from seller so an impasse at present.
Fishy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:04 pm 
Post subject: Re: Ebay postage.

Leigh Treymaine wrote:
Yes John's idea is great. However recently I tried to pay for 2 items separately, as per John's strategy, but on checkout the postage was bundled together and could not be separated. No response from seller so an impasse at present.

I think that there is a way of separating the items - isn't there a delete or pay for later? Or am I getting that mixed up with items from different sellers................

On the flip side, I have just purchased an item and paid for it quite happily and then received a repayment because the seller quoted too much on her listing. I have had this before but it is very rare.
48/9 Newport.
49/0 Walsall; Exeter.
50/1 Port Vale.
51/2 Port Vale 1/5.
52/3 Swindon.
roughyedz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:59 pm 
Post subject:

I am not excusing these people who do not give postage discounts but dont forget that the seller has to pay the postage, and then i think its about a 12% additional surcharge ( on that postage cost ) as its E-bay who get that FEE. I just bid on some programmes and as mentioned above asked before bidding did he do combind postage and the answer was YES he did, the reason i asked first is because his postal charges are high ( minimum £1.70 ), on one programme, on another one worth £1 he is askingt £2.60 recorded delivery for a run of the mill programme. ive bid on a dozen or so, I will see what the discout is at the end i expect, it should cost no more than £2.50 plus £1 and envelope, but at the rate his programmes are listed at it could be £24 Shocked
se20blue

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:37 pm 
Post subject:

Don't forget that Royal Mail prices go up next Monday 26th March 2018.
WHU2711

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:59 pm 
Post subject:

If anyone is interested Costco do good prices for Stamps, I got a lot at the weekend, First Class just under 62p Large first class just under 92p, large are £1.01 from the 26/3 in the Post Office
Kick Off Programme

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:45 pm 
Post subject:

We are always happy to combine postage where we can, but we can sometimes be a bit sharp in mailing out, and if we post an item out, and the subsequent item has come through with a request to combine postage - nowt we can do, so if you are thinking of buying more thsan one item from us on ebay, let us know before you make the first payment!
Wullie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:32 pm 
Post subject:

se20blue wrote:
Don't forget that Royal Mail prices go up next Monday 26th March 2018.

That's to pay for my pay rise . Laughing Laughing
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: