Football Programmes Centre

ebay feedback
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
ebay feedback
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gatfb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:59 pm 
Post subject: ebay feedback

After a lay off I've just started selling again on ebay. I wanted to leave feedback for my buyers but there seems to be some laborious new system in place. I started to leave FB but just gave up as it was so time consuming and
unnecessary. Another change for change sake or does anyone like it ?
bee007

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:41 pm 

Although the Feedback system has changed, it actually doesn't take that long to do. As a regular buyer off Ebay, as soon as my item(s) arrive I leave the Feedback straight away instead of letting it accumulate. If you can't be bothered to leave your buyers Feedback, then as a seller they might not leave you any, then you get to the point where if nobody left any Feedback, there would be no ratings for anyone. This isn't a dig at you, just a realisation of what could happen.
highlandjambo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:13 am 
Post subject: Ebay feedback

I always pay within minutes of buying a programme, so I think the seller should leave feedback as I paid right away, but most sellers don't leave feedback till AFTER I have left feedback.
New Forest

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:02 pm 
Post subject:

Fortunately I did a lot of buying/.selling on eBay years ago when you could give someone a Red Card for shoddy or bad behaviour. So I now only leave positive feedback if someone goes above and beyond what I have come to expect.

I don't bother with those scumbags who charge £1.85 postage and use an ordinary envelope and a second class stamp. If you leave poor feedback, you will only get the same, how much it is undeserved, so why bother.

Too me the standards that I work to are same day postage in a proper board backed envelope and first class stamp. If something goes missing that I have sent, then no quibble refund.

At this moment I won something last Thursday and still waiting nearly a week later.
Maidonian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:06 pm 
Post subject:

On a tangent, can I just ask some advice regarding an unpaid item. I’ve just selling on ebay again after some years – everyone so far has paid promptly except one (who has 100% feedback) on an item which finished three days ago on Sunday, 4th March totalling under £10.

How long do sellers generally wait before opening an unpaid item case? (I see ebay say you can open it after 2 days)

Any advice appreciated – thank you.
Five and In

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:47 pm 

Maidonian wrote:
On a tangent, can I just ask some advice regarding an unpaid item. I’ve just selling on ebay again after some years – everyone so far has paid promptly except one (who has 100% feedback) on an item which finished three days ago on Sunday, 4th March totalling under £10.

How long do sellers generally wait before opening an unpaid item case? (I see ebay say you can open it after 2 days)

Any advice appreciated – thank you.

Personally, if payment has not been made after a few days, I would send a message thanking the buyer for the purchase and advising them that the item was packed and ready to post once payment is received.

If payment still hadn't been made after a week, I would send another message asking if there was a problem with making payment or if it had simply slipped their mind.

I would leave it for about two weeks before opening an unpaid item case in case they were on holiday.

Anybody opening a case after two days is asking for bad feedback in my opinion.
bobholl29

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:00 pm 
Post subject: eBay feedback

Thanks to New Forest for calling people who charge £1.85 for postage, a scumbag

I charge £1.60 on average but Man Utd programmes I charge £1.95 due to weight..

eBay take 10% + 20% VAT on postage charges and PayPal 3%. That is a total of 15% that the seller has to pass on to the buyer
A typical programme from 2000 onwards costs £1.30 to post.

From a charge is £1.60 eBay/paypal takes 24p which leaves 6p to cover the cost of the envelope.
And, don't forget new postal charges later this month
I am not backing the people who charge excessive postage, but in most cases, there isn't a problem.

Get your facts right before you call people scumbags

Last edited by bobholl29 on Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
whosbrianwilson

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:23 pm 
Post subject:

Tbh New Forest, £1-85 is just about what it costs to post one of the modern programmes when you take into account all the various charges.

And personally, I don't appreciate being called a scumbag
gatfb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:35 pm 
Post subject:

Guess, I'll get around to leaving FB come the weekend but it's just another ebay thing that grinds the gears a little.

As for non payment I take the same route as five and in.

And £1.85 for a modern programme as people have pointed out is fair enough.
New Forest

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:55 pm 
Post subject:

whosbrianwilson wrote:
Tbh New Forest, £1-85 is just about what it costs to post one of the modern programmes when you take into account all the various charges.

And personally, I don't appreciate being called a scumbag

Apologies for that. I should have clarified in meaning a single sheet in an ordinary envelope with perhaps a bit of cardboard cut from a cornflakes packet and a second class stamp all for £1.85. You are talking of modern 21st century programmes with the weight of a Sunday supplement.
Westbourne

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:33 pm 
Post subject:

I listed some Esso coins at £1.50 Post Free... Some idiot offered 90p by the time I had paid for everything I would be 10p down.. I hate the way Ebay encourages sellers to list items POST FREE.
They are the modern day slave owners, who expect people to work for nothing..
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:32 pm 
Post subject:

One trend I've noticed increasingly over the last decade is that I always have to leave feedback first, regardless of whether I'm the buyer or the seller. And I still only get feedback back for roughly half of my transactions.

That's something else I lay firmly at eBay's door though - they've made the feedback system so one-stacked and utterly meaningless, no sod bothers with it anymore. And even though I personally consider it good manners to leave feedback as soon as somebody pays me, or something arrives, I don't blame folk for not bothering with it.

EBay can't be arsed with operating the system fairly, so why should its customers?!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/newport-county-badges/albums
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:49 pm 
Post subject:

For all it's faults, and it's blandness nowadays, it's still far and away the best place to get the odd gem cheaply.
DySporting

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:10 am 
Post subject:

I’m going to do something unusual and praise eBay. I was given my first negative feedback. Apparently I’d charged postage on a free post item. I messaged eBay explained and they removed the feedback. Hassle free no phone calls, all good.
martino

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:30 am 
Post subject:

Westbourne wrote:
I hate the way Ebay encourages sellers to list items POST FREE.

So which is best:

Listing an item for £3 post free

OR

Listing an item for £1.50 with £1.50 P&P?

Either way the buyer pays £3 and the seller fees are the same.

Is it the headline price of £1.50 that attracts a buyer or the item being post free?
GrestytheLion

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:38 am 
Post subject:

It's a tough one, however when buying I look at what I want to pay, add the 2 and see if that is the figure I'm prepared to pay.

However when you charge me £1.50 postage and it arrives in a used envelope with a second class stamp when leaving feedback I will mark your postage as such and have been known to leave feedback but leave a comment about postage
bee007

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:56 am 

On Ebay at the moment, one particular seller has a Badge for £100 with p&p at £7.50 and another Badge at £100 with p&p at £7.00. Also a Badge at £150 p&p £7.00 with another at £125 p&p £7.50. What is with the differences on postage. Surely the packaging on one Badge would be the same, and postage value would cover the same amount. I have bought high priced Badges in the past with Free p&p and they have come next day with just a First class stamp on and no problem.
martino

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:33 am 
Post subject: Re: ebay feedback

bee007 wrote:
On Ebay at the moment, one particular seller has a Badge for £100 with p&p at £7.50 and another Badge at £100 with p&p at £7.00. Also a Badge at £150 p&p £7.00 with another at £125 p&p £7.50. What is with the differences on postage. Surely the packaging on one Badge would be the same, and postage value would cover the same amount. I have bought high priced Badges in the past with Free p&p and they have come next day with just a First class stamp on and no problem.

For higher value items surely it is more attractive to list as post free with first class delivery.
hibernian

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:07 am 
Post subject: Re: ebay feedback

bee007 wrote:

Special delivery for these badges would cost £6.45 to post. I certainly would not send these with just a first class stamp as if something went wrong the sender would never get his money back from Royal Mail.
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:09 am 
Post subject:

I bought 4 badges from a fella in Chile on Friday - I normally only buy in Europe as anything from the Americas can be a nightmare with customs and there's a good chance I might be dead through old age before they arrive.

These though were a massive bargain, I was amazed to buy them unchallenged.

So I'm not overly surprised to see I have a full refund in my PP account this morning - apparently the badges were sold on another site just before I'd bought them - and the seller didn't know.

lol

I'm not too bothered, they were badges I already had, but I knew I could flip them for 1000% profit easily. I'd be pretty pissed if I had needed them for my own collection though.

Smile

https://www.flickr.com/photos/newport-county-badges/albums
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: