Football Programmes Centre

Rochdale
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rochdale
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flaming Pie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:03 pm 
Post subject: Rochdale

Apart from Everton😅 ( forget about that Rooney pen after Calvert-Lewin was blown over by a gust of wind in the pre xmas Derby!) , most teams over the years have had players that were accused of being divers .Man Unt had the likes of Gordon Hill in 1970's, then Lee Sharpe, Ronaldo and Rooney.Even the great Denis Law was once described by Shankly as a player who would do anything to win. It was the City boss in the 1960's and 70s , Joe Mercer , who laughingly christened Francis Lee " Lee One Pen" or "Lee Wun Pen" as foxes said. I got the impression that Joe Mercer thought it was an all part of the game at the top and even lower level . Imagine how many penalties little Jimmy Johnstone won for Celtic during their golden years . I bet Jimmy was also called a diver. I think it will always go on.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:19 pm 
Post subject: Re: Rochdale

Flaming Pie wrote:
Apart from Everton😅 ( forget about that Rooney pen after Calvert-Lewin was blown over by a gust of wind in the pre xmas Derby!) , most teams over the years have had players that were accused of being divers .Man Unt had the likes of Gordon Hill in 1970's, then Lee Sharpe, Ronaldo and Rooney.Even the great Denis Law was once described by Shankly as a player who would do anything to win. It was the City boss in the 1960's and 70s , Joe Mercer , who laughingly christened Francis Lee " Lee One Pen" or "Lee Wun Pen" as foxes said. I got the impression that Joe Mercer thought it was an all part of the game at the top and even lower level . Imagine how many penalties little Jimmy Johnstone won for Celtic during their golden years . I bet Jimmy was also called a diver. I think it will always go on.

Ah but the intent is the magic word.

Deli Ali and some other "young guns" think it is correct to fall in the penalty area-strange how they tend not to go down as much in the centre of the pitch or the flanks but in either of the penalty areas these Fxxxers are lethal. It is being encouraged by some managers without any doubt the Spurs man openly says he thinks it is acceptable to "trick" the referee[cheat-con-lie-trick-all have the same definition] that is all I have to say on the matter. Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
pompeypete
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:22 pm 
Post subject:

Pete’s Picture Palace wrote:
And our friend Wenger went on about it a few weeks ago (Sterling?) quite overlooking some French chap called Robert Pires who won a diving gold medal a decade ago.

Dont mention "Pires" to the Pompey supporters.......

He fell over after kicking his own feet

And Arsenal carried onto their undefeated season ...... Sherlock Sherlock Sherlock

Flickr pages in the process of closing......

Happy to forward any info on Pompey...
wdy11

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:56 pm 
Post subject:

Firstly big congrats to Rochdale. Yes the Spurs team was weaker, but bar Foyth all Full International players. I'm sure they'll enjoy Wembley.

Do I think Dele is a diver, well the facts state yes and even as a Spurs fan it pains me when he does it, take the Liverpool game for example. Do I think it was a dive against Rochdale, questionable, but the ball was past the defender, the leg came out and impeded Allis path. If it was your club and a penalty wasn't given in that situation I'm sure we'd be having the same conversation.

I'm all for VAR if it helps the referee make the correct decision and helps punish divers provided they can fine tune it, I just don't think that a yellow card is enough to deter players from doing it.
DySporting

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:18 pm 
Post subject: Re: Rochdale

Five and In wrote:
littlewiggy wrote:

I heard Spurs paid for a new pitch to be laid for the game, was that true?
Probably a Chinese whisper.

I heard that Spurs contributed to the cost of the new pitch, but not heard how much.
Took the pitch excuse out of the equation whoever paid for it.

Figures in the press are well out and Tottenham most definitely did not contribute to the cost of the pitch.

Game yesterday was great, looking forward to taking photos at Wembley with Dale next week.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: