Football Programmes Centre

Rochdale
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rochdale
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pompeypete
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:05 pm 
Post subject: Rochdale

well done rochdale....... Easy Easy Easy

What a result!!!

Enjoy your day out at wembley.

This will teach clubs not to disrespect the FAC

Its not just the Premier, Its the championship as well.....

the overpaid Luvvies cant play more than twice a week Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Flickr pages in the process of closing......

Happy to forward any info on Pompey...
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:52 pm 
Post subject:

Fabulous stuff, what a cracking finish to equalise in stoppage time too.

Totally deserved and a lesson for Poch and others.

Easy Easy Easy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Five and In

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:05 pm 

Well deserved Rochdale.

Obviously I wanted a Spurs win, but just before the penalty I had said that I hoped we didn't win it in the last few minutes as that would be cruel on them.
We didn't learn after the Newport scare obviously

Confused
PompeyPhil

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:28 pm 
Post subject:

As a total neutral I thought it was a great game which showed how the FA Cup still has its magic and throws up surprises. Like the majority (we all like an underdog!) I felt for Rochdale when the penalty was given and duly dispatched, however like the Spurs keeper I didn’t see that equaliser coming! As a result Rochdale and their fans get a day out at Wembley (and the money that goes with it, which like any Club at the Lower end of the Football ladder is very much needed). Perhaps Some might say Poch should have played a full strength team, but hang on their understudies aren’t actually that bad so It was with great credit to Rochdale that he felt he needed to put Ali and Kane on to try and win the game. When the penalty went in he probably felt that the Job was done.......however Rochdale had other ideas and the best Cup competition in the World threw up another famous result and gave a League One side a day out at Wembley! Brilliant! Clap
foxes1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:54 pm 
Post subject:

Yes well done Rochdale, I will always remember it as Spotland.
Dorking

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:52 pm 
Post subject:

Good thread. Well done Rochdale.

Most of the problems with the FA Cup are the clubs disrespecting it with weakened teams, that is why crowds are down for these games at so many clubs, regardless of the often lower prices

This season there have been some super games, Liverpool-Everton, Newport-Spurs, Swansea-Notts County spring to mind.

If teams don't play their strongest XI, they often get what they deserve
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:15 pm 
Post subject:

Well played the Dale!

Like us, they didn't know whether to stick or twist at h/t, and then faced a wounded animal second half. I was delighted for them with that last-gasp leveller, ruddy great strike too. And a great cup tie to boot.

I heard Spurs paid for a new pitch to be laid for the game, was that true?
Probably a Chinese whisper.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/newport-county-badges/albums
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:53 pm 
Post subject:

Nice dive for the penalty, wasn't it?
Five and In

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:04 am 

littlewiggy wrote:

I heard that Spurs contributed to the cost of the new pitch, but not heard how much.
Took the pitch excuse out of the equation whoever paid for it.
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:18 am 
Post subject: Re: Rochdale

Five and In wrote:
littlewiggy wrote:

I heard that Spurs contributed to the cost of the new pitch, but not heard how much.
Took the pitch excuse out of the equation whoever paid for it.

I see, cheers mate. Spurs declined to contribute to our two temporary stands to increase both home & away allocation for our tie, the ruddy misers!

Very Happy

Not all bad though, as we only had to share the gate receipts for those if they chipped in for their hire too.

silkman1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:43 am 
Post subject:

Another Ali fall over. You feel it was an irritant for the manager to have to travel to Rochdale. After all they were in Turin a few days ago.

Good luck to Rochdale at Wembley.
Smile
Five and In

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:04 pm 

littlewiggy wrote:

I see, cheers mate. Spurs declined to contribute to our two temporary stands to increase both home & away allocation for our tie, the ruddy misers!
Very Happy

If only you had said before Wiggy. I would have been happy to send you my two seats salvaged from the Shelf Side demolition for the match Laughing
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:22 pm 

Five and In wrote:
littlewiggy wrote:

Very Happy

If only you had said before Wiggy. I would have been happy to send you my two seats salvaged from the Shelf Side demolition for the match Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing

manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:31 pm 
Post subject:

Well Done Rochdale for sure, when I saw Spurs were 2-1 up at the end it looked like curtains.

Pochetino seems to encourage ducking and diving saying to cheat the ref is an art and that is ok, well maybe that is great where he comes from as they have always done that but in our game this is something that has to be stamped out.

His student Deli Ali has mastered the art and this only goes to increase his reputation as a young lad who seems to think he is the dogs bollocks on the pitch and can do whatever he wants-well there will come a time when a little snot nose like him will come up against someone who will be waiting to teach him a few manners and correct his shitty attitude, no doubt the cash and the big watches and the fast cars and tattoos will all be part of this "footballing nobody" at the moment.

During a break in play earlier in the season when Spurs were at Manchester United, it was captured on camera of a verbal exchange between Ashley Young and Ali after Ali was continually moaning and coming into Young with some tackles that were clearly irking Young and some verbals from Ali thinking he is "the man", Young was seen to clearly state something to the effect "come back when you have won the premier league but up to then shut the fxxx up" which about sums it all up for me.

As long as the Spurs manager condones this behaviour then an upstart like this horrible little asswipe will continue to think he has arrived.

I am surprised why THFC has not publicly come out and tried to "explain" perhaps in more detail their managers comments.

Kane has become a great player but the reliance on him is greater and take him and Erikson out of that team......which is only a matter of time be it next season or the one after that or even the one after that-failure to secure ANY Silver wear of any description will only exit them both and the manager, but whilst they have a new stadium next season the likelihood is that any player changes will not happen for another 18 months IMO and all of this is just that IMO.

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Five and In

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:59 pm 

I agree with a lot of what Leslie says in his post regarding diving.

Dele is quite embarrassing at times with how easy he goes down.
He has mastered the art and as soon as there is contact, he goes over, but to do it against Rochdale was piss poor.
I also think that his average form this season has made him try to influence things with more regularity.

That said, the powers that be are making football a non contact sport, so if he feels contact, I suppose he feels justified in going over.

Dele is most certainly not the only one and there are plenty of them out there who could challenge Tom Daley in a diving contest.

Personally I'd rather see a player stay up and try to get a shot away, but I think those days are gone.
foxes1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:59 pm 
Post subject:

I can remember that Chinese player Man City had years ago Lee Wun Pen
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:34 pm 
Post subject:

People like Shearer and the rest of the berks on MotD need to take a good, long look at themselves too. They're a blight on the game they're handsomely paid to champion.

Shearer's continual ... "If he feels an arm on him he's entitled to go down" ... narrative is all the encouragement these young players need to hit the deck at next to nothing.

There's also a huge media bias concerning current England Internationals who dive. Especially with the Beeb. It doesn't fit their "dirty cheating foreigner" agenda so is simply airbrushed away like it never happened. Yet if a Suarez or a Van Persie or a Costa ever took a dive, the goats on MotD are all over it like a cheap catalogue suit.

It's one of the reasons why I no longer watch the show.

manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:38 pm 
Post subject:

foxes1 wrote:

YES! I was also thinking of including him in my earlier comment but felt I would get it in the neck from the Bitters! Laughing

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:12 pm 
Post subject:

And our friend Wenger went on about it a few weeks ago (Sterling?) quite overlooking some French chap called Robert Pires who won a diving gold medal a decade ago.
foxes1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:54 pm 
Post subject:

manchesterunitedman1 wrote:
foxes1 wrote:

YES! I was also thinking of including him in my earlier comment but felt I would get it in the neck from the Bitters! Laughing

Shhhhhhhhhh I think I got away with it Very Happy
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: