Football Programmes Centre

ebay item not as described
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
ebay item not as described

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gatfb

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:27 am 
Post subject: ebay item not as described

This week I bought a coffer Chelsea badge for under a fiver so happy enough. Today (saturday) seller sent me an envelope but when I opened it up (yes i could tell by feel) all there was inside was a piece of tissue.

Thankfully tissue was unused for any purpose. I emailed seller to let him know and if no item is forthcoming will open dispute. So, what is your best/worst item not as described story?
New Forest

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:08 am 
Post subject: Re: ebay item not as described

gatfb wrote:
This week I bought a coffer Chelsea badge for under a fiver so happy enough. Today (saturday) seller sent me an envelope but when I opened it up (yes i could tell by feel) all there was inside was a piece of tissue.

Thankfully tissue was unused for any purpose. I emailed seller to let him know and if no item is forthcoming will open dispute. So, what is your best/worst item not as described story?

Nice to see you have given them plenty of time to apologise. Perhaps you got what you deserved!
TheMusic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:30 am 
Post subject:

Eh, New Forest? What's gatfb done wrong here so far?
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:42 am 
Post subject:

Same thing happened to me last week, I bought a World Cup badge, two days later a plain, flat, white envelope arrived with a piece of paper inside saying "Many thanks" ... but no badge.

The corner had been torn so I suspect theft, but am still unhappy with the seller - as sending something like that in anything but a jiffy is asking to get it pinched.

I haven't opened a dispute yet, but I will - I just wanted to make sure I had the right seller. Thing is, it's me who feels guilty about it, because he'll probably think it's me who is pulling a flanker.

That's what the shysters on eBay have done, left us honest guys feeling like crooks when we've done nothing wrong. That's something else we've got eBay and their 'system' to thank for.

End of the day though, my feelings of guilt are lessened somewhat by his stupidity in not putting the bugger into the suitable envelope. If it wasn't only four quid we were talking about I'd be livid.

I don't want my four measly bucks back really, I want the badge - it was a corker. Some agency b*stard (probably) at the Post Office has that now!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/newport-county-badges/albums
goonerboy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:05 am 
Post subject:

Same thing happened to me about 2 years ago with a foreign seller. I had bought a ticket which cost ne about £80. When envelope arrived it was only a thank slip but no ticket. Inititally he blamed the postal ststem fir stealing it although envelope was fully intact and cellotaped when it arrived. Then a couple of days later he contacted he to say he found the ticket under his sofa and he then sent it on.

There was another time many years ago when the seller contacted me a couple of days after i had won a ticket on ebay and said his cat had shredded ticket while he was getting items ready to pack and emailed me a picture of shredded ticket.
Five and In

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:15 pm 
Post subject: ebay item not as described

The weirdest unexpected item I have received was about a year ago.

I had won a bid for a bundle of Spurs items which were mainly books from the 1960's.
When I opened the parcel I found no Spurs stuff, but instead a figurine of a woman, one of those old cart horse ceramics that pretty much every house had in the eighties and a vase.
Everything in the box was broken as well as wrapping was not the sellers strong point.

The seller had obviously labelled the parcels incorrectly and I did receive my books eventually. After sending him photos of his damaged figures, at his request, they ended up in my dustbin.

Last edited by Five and In on Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
GrestytheLion

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:20 pm 
Post subject:

Worst I ever bought was a programme that I had been after for a while, it wasn't very old and had no age but was sold as autographed by me team, autographs collected after the game.

As it had no age bought it for 99p, on arrival it wasn't autographed but were the team changes written by what I imagine was a very young child. Just put it in the bin.
gatfb

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:03 pm 
Post subject:

New Forest you're obviously a bit of a tool and maybe a little dense, so I will spell it out for you. As of yet I have done nothing beyond letting them know what has happened.

I posted more in humour than anything else but of course i will reclaim for my item if nothing is forth coming.
markb9060

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:55 pm 
Post subject:

I must confess to an absoloute howler myself on Ebay many years ago.

I contacted a seller because I hadn't received a not too expensive programme which I'd won from them a couple of weeks previously.

The lady seller was quite aghast and went on to explain that she'd definitely sent it and would get back to me.

Anyway, she did get back to me and told me that she'd obtained proof of postage and gave me the posting number.

Somewhere in my brain, a little bell started to sound so I quickly checked my back room and sure enough amongst a small pile of recently received envelopes was the programme in question which because of it's small value had been opened and hastily cast aside whilst rushing around doing other things and incredibly completely forgotten about.

It just goes to show that none of us are perfect yet I felt like such a prat and although the lady curtly accepted my apology, I always felt that she must have thought that I'd tried to rip her off and only came clean when she mentioned the proof of postage.....which couldn't be further from the truth.

Lesson learned, be more attentive but also be patient with others when there could be a simple explanation.
martino

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:26 am 
Post subject:

I have told this one before but I had an item returned "not as described". The only problem was that it was not the item I sent to the buyer.

I am very careful at describing faults. The one I sent did not have any faults. The one returned had team changes and creasing.

The cheeky buyer had used me to trade up the quality of his programme at nil cost!
New Forest

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:35 am 
Post subject:

gatfb wrote:
New Forest you're obviously a bit of a tool and maybe a little dense, so I will spell it out for you. As of yet I have done nothing beyond letting them know what has happened.

I posted more in humour than anything else but of course i will reclaim for my item if nothing is forth coming.

It is only common courtesy (which you clearly lack) to give the guy a chance to apologises and send the badge on. What do you do - threaten to open a dispute.

I will remember never to do business with you.
gatfb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:51 pm 
Post subject:

'I will remember never to do business with you'.

Good. You're clearly an argumentative type of person who I would rather avoid.
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:26 pm 
Post subject:

On a different note - I had a non paying buyer a few weeks ago - which I mentioned recently on another eBay thread.

He actually went to the trouble of making me an offer, which I accepted, then nothing. After a week I opened an unpaid item dispute ... and still nothing.

Then today, out of the blue, he pays for it via PP!!!
No explanation or anything mind.
But still.

Very strange I thought.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/newport-county-badges/albums
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: