Football Programmes Centre

E Bay
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
E Bay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
martino

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:23 am 
Post subject: E Bay

I opened a case against a non payer.

It is only a small amount so not having received payment after 10 days I closed the case to get a fee refund.

Then I tried to leave negative feedback but my options are to either give "positive" feedback or "report buyer". I selected the latter and I am told that if he is a non payer I have to open a case against him. This is going round in circles.

Is there any way I can now leave negative feedback? Otherwise this time waster gets away with it.
ads

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:34 am 
Post subject: E bay

No as a seller you cannot leave negative feedback under any circumstances. As usual with ebay the buyers have all the rights, including the conmen and time-wasters.
martino

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:43 am 
Post subject:

Thanks for the quick reply.

As you say it is all in favour of the buyer. If a seller does not open a case and just gives the timewaster negative feedback then it is likely that the "buyer" will give negative feedback to the seller in return.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:20 am 
Post subject:

I have, in the past, ticked positive and then left a vitriolic diatribe against someone similar when asked to describe the transaction.
martino

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:26 am 
Post subject:

Auchinleckian wrote:
I have, in the past, ticked positive and then left a vitriolic diatribe against someone similar when asked to describe the transaction.

I see your logic, John. The downside is that the timewaster gets another tick in the good boy box and nothing appears in the negative stats which is what should happen.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:59 am 
Post subject:

What do you all expect from an organisation that encourages sellers to have their own "Private Bidding" so they can put it up the rear end of anyone they wish and no one will ever get to find out. Win Win seller and ebay and the mug punter pays for it all.

There are some on this forum who don't say that much but are with others very productive in that area, after all it is just an upgrade on shill bidding without attracting ANY attention, so the numpty who used to bid 33 times on the same sellers stuff but never buys anything has now thanks to ebay been given the opportunity to continue their dishonest behaviour and take it to a whole new hidden level.

I am still waiting to hear from anyone who operates Private Bidding on their auctions and give a valid reason for doing it.

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:05 pm 
Post subject:

Think you'll be waiting a very long time Leslie!

Saw the item below on ebay and it looked suspicious (a) because they're basically crap and (b) because of the bidding. Thoughts?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-New-Small-Size-Metal-Badge-Pin-Set-FC-Chelsea-London-England-7-pins/222829057743?hash=item33e1a596cf:g:QUUAAOSwCvZae2F2
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:56 pm 
Post subject:

I had a non paying bidder a fortnight back, so contacted eBay and asked them what was the point of their (ahem) "feedback system" if I couldn't warn other sellers of users that abuse the site.

Surely your honest sellers deserve forewarning so they can block and protect themselves from the type of people giving your site a bad reputation, I reasoned?

"Sorry" ... was the stock reply, ... "that's not part of our policy."

I may as well have nipped outside and taken a piss against the wind.

My advice is do what I do. Treat all sellers & buyers honestly & courteously, they're in the same boat, but rip eBay off at every turn possible. I always get immense pleasure from scamming them of even a shilling.

Their dishonesty just eggs me on to find increasingly more ways to cut them out of the loop, thus using them to advertise my bits for free.

Cheers easy!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/newport-county-badges/albums
Five and In

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:19 pm 
Post subject: E Bay

I've said it many times on here, but I use Ebay as a means to an end.

As Wiggy said, "be honest and courteous" is how I operate too and in the main it has served me well.

I put my direct contact details in every package sent out and most collectors will then contact me directly for future transactions.
In these cases Ebay is just the starting point, not the whole story.

Regarding Leslie's point about Private Bidders, I will not enter any bids if a private bidder has already done so.
It is a little bit of "cutting off my nose etc", but my way of protecting myself against these cowboys.

Last week I was watching an item that I was considering going to £20 ish for, but missed the end of the auction.
I saw it had sold for £20 to a private bidder.
An hour later, i received an Ebay message telling me that the item I had been watching had been relisted.
I won't be bidding!
TheSorter!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:28 pm 
Post subject: Ebay

Re: private bidding. I always give bidders the choice because some people want to hide who they are for legitimate reasons. Also if you intend selling the item you've won as a private bidder in the future, potential bidders can't see the price you originally paid for it which in my opinion has always been a problem on Ebay.
hibernian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:14 pm 
Post subject:

last week I had a few auctions ending and for reasons I don't know , 3 of them ended up a private auctions . it appears when listing, I ticked the box making them private!!!
I am pretty sure I would not do that as I have never done this before.
Very weird
colchestersid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:03 pm 
Post subject:

Agreed - I don't knowingly bid on Private Auctions - there is absolutely no logic in still allowing these as you can't identify buyers these days anyway. What you should be able to see is that l**h has bid 30 times on one auction whereas with a private auction there is no line of sight at all

Ultimately anybody who lists privately probably loses more than gains as I'm sure I'm not the only one to avoid these listings
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:16 am 
Post subject:

colchestersid wrote:
Agreed - I don't knowingly bid on Private Auctions - there is absolutely no logic in still allowing these as you can't identify buyers these days anyway. What you should be able to see is that l**h has bid 30 times on one auction whereas with a private auction there is no line of sight at all

Ultimately anybody who lists privately probably loses more than gains as I'm sure I'm not the only one to avoid these listings

It's not hard to fathom the logic sadly Sid, eBay will allow and facilitate anything that bumps up their end premium, by fair means or otherwise. Only the dollar sign at the end matters, not how it might be arrived at.

Everyone else can go and screw themselves.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/newport-county-badges/albums
CodeXIII

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:34 pm 
Post subject:

RE private bidding there was some default changes done about 12 months ago on ebay which set any new auction to 'private' as default.
It caught me out for a few months actually as I didn;t even know there was a setting as i sold infrequently.

I don;t think all private auctions are cowboys but some probably will be.
das

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:47 am 
Post subject:

There is no need for private bidding anymore as only the seller sees the username now. Everybody else just sees a couple of random letters/numbers from their user name which might not even be in the right order.

I once lost out on a relatively uncommon item years ago on one of these and seconds later got a second chance offer which I ignored. Reporting it did no good.

They removed negative feedback for buyers years ago as often buyers who left negative feedback got one in return probably for no reason. If you want to avoid serial non payers then change your settings to block people with a record of non paying.

and I wouldn't advise leaving negative feedback on a positive as it counts as a positive, it is easily removed by contacting ebay and it counts as a black mark against the seller and enough of them leads to getting kicked off ebay as a seller.
DySporting

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:27 pm 
Post subject:

I had negative feedback left yesterday for

quote “I had to pay the postage.”

Postage was free!

Have been in contact with eBay so hopefully it’ll get removed.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: