Football Programmes Centre

Everton V Liverpool Jan 23rd January 65.
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Everton V Liverpool Jan 23rd January 65.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
efcbluenose

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:21 am 
Post subject: Everton V Liverpool Jan 23rd January 65.

Is this the postponed derby ? and why is it so rare now ?
Any information would be greatly appreciated. It's one of my major wants lists of Everton homes I'm now in postponed editions, been doing really well and got it down to a few but this is one that stands out, does it exist and if so how much am i looking at for one ?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Wants List
andy1966

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:14 pm 
Post subject:

It does exist

This isn't mine, it was sent to me by someone on this forum.

I haven't seen one for sale so perhaps not many produced and therefore not sure what cost if one came up.

I am looking fort this and the Arsenal 68-69 postponed as well as Leeds in 46/7

Here is a link to postponed issues I have

https://www.flickr.com/search/?text=postponed&user_id=75549813%40N07&view_all=1
efcbluenose

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:36 pm 
Post subject:

Thank You for the link Andy. You've got some beauties there indeed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Wants List
andy1966

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:43 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks. We will keep searching for the other ones!

there are two postponed games in 62-3 (Fulham - 12th Jan and Bolton 2nd Feb) where editions may have been produced but I have never seen copies
Viola19

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:58 pm 
Post subject:

Andy,
Leicester City v Everton 1973/74.

Fixture at Filbert St was scheduled for 6 February `74, but was not played on that date. Game took place on 2 March `74 and programme with that date was produced. Also produced was a single sheet programme issued by the club. Due to the national paper shortage at the time, energy crisis/ 3 day week..the print run was reduced for the usual programme , hence the single sheet effort to make the numbers up. Fetches about £20 these days.
My question to you is...have you ever seen anything produced for the original date in February. I have my doubts anything was printed for the "postponed ???" fixture.
Cheers.
andy1966

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:03 pm 
Post subject:

Hi, below are the programme and teamsheet you mention, I have not seen anything for the 6th Feb

https://www.flickr.com/search/?user_id=75549813%40N07&sort=date-taken-desc&text=leicester%20city%20v%20everton%201973-74&view_all=1
Viola19

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:01 am 
Post subject:

Thanks Andy, I have the three items you feature in your post, and like yourself not seen anything pertaining to the 6 Feb.
Thanks again.
andy1966

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:35 am 
Post subject:

I will have a look in the programmes from around the 6th Feb to understand why the match was moved.
efcbluenose

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:22 am 
Post subject:

Were Leicester in FA Cup ? or Everton in FA Cup ? suggestion.
andy1966

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:52 pm 
Post subject:

I looked at that, didn't look that way. I have a bound volume of that season, so will have a quick browse later
Viola19

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:55 pm 
Post subject:

In 1973/74 Leicester played FA Cup tie on the following dates,
5, 26, 30 Jan..16 Feb...around the period in question.
Looking at the league fixtures Leicester had "gaps" in their Home and Away fixtures in February. As they only played the one cup tie in that month my guess is it`s weather related. Knowing the notorious Filbert St pitch, and maybe some snow at the time I reckon the Everton fixture may have been called off early enough for no programmes to have been produced.
I never missed a home game in those days, unfortunately my memory isn`t up to the task.
andy1966

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:57 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks, if I find anything about the postponement in the Everton programmes, I will let you know
Viola19

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:06 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks Andy.

Another Leicester v Everton postponed game ...19/1/1963. { Not an FA Cup date }.
I have never seen a programme for this fixture, however Leicester only played once at home that month , on the 30th Jan.
The year of the big freeze. Again, I expect that no programmes were printed. Just exists as an entry on my lists with a question mark against it.

Everton keeps coming up in my lists....Do you know anything about a "postponed???" Leicester fixture at Goodison Park scheduled for 10 Feb 1968 ?
efcbluenose

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:35 pm 
Post subject:

Oh yeah ...the notoriously hard to get let alone hardly ever seen Leicester original postponed at home in 67/68 season. There's two from that season at Goodison. Fulham is common and easier of the two that's for sure. The Leicester is damn near impossible and i for one have not seen it. I would think it exists as Everton did produce programmes in numebrs for late 60s onwards but it rare and flamin hard to find, even for us Everton collectors, and a footnote to that I think Leicester and West Brom are probably the teams that hold the record for Postponed Everton Fixtures. Be it home or away.
stingray

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:54 pm 
Post subject:

Back to Leicester/Everton 73/74 for a bit

1) Neither clubs' programmes from earlier in the season have the fixture listed at all. I wonder why?

2) The game was indeed played on 2nd March 1974 (Leicester winning 2-1) but only because both clubs' scheduled opponents were playing in the League Cup Final (Wolves & Manchester City).

Convenient, coincidence or something deeper at work? The truth is out there... Laughing
efcbluenose

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:06 pm 
Post subject:

There we go nailed it. Stringay got it. Both the original opponents for both teams were in league cup final so obviously both sides got intouch with each other and arranged to face each other on that weekend and that's why it's not listed in original fixtures.
stingray

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:20 pm 
Post subject:

But when the original fixtures were drawn up, nobody would have known who the League Cup Finalists were going to be (unless I've just walked into a trap).

Maybe it was weather related (as Viola suggests) or it was to do with the state of Emergency (three day week with restrictions on power/lighting), but other games were played that night - Leeds v. Arsenal for example. Either way, none of the Everton or Leicester programmes I have from the time make any reference to it.

It still doesn't explain why it was missing from both clubs' original fixture lists.
leaguefootballmag

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:56 pm 
Post subject:

stingray wrote:
But when the original fixtures were drawn up, nobody would have known who the League Cup Finalists were going to be (unless I've just walked into a trap).

Maybe it was weather related (as Viola suggests) or it was to do with the state of Emergency (three day week with restrictions on power/lighting), but other games were played that night - Leeds v. Arsenal for example. Either way, none of the Everton or Leicester programmes I have from the time make any reference to it.

It still doesn't explain why it was missing from both clubs' original fixture lists.

I had a look in the Rothmans published in Aug 1973, Leicester-Everton was scheduled for 6/2. Checked The Times for that date and the fixture isn't listed, the League Cup semi-finals had been completed prior to that date so maybe that was when it was moved?
sellsell39

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:48 pm 
Post subject:

Efcbluenose,

there are 2 Everton v Fulham programmes from the 1967/68 season on these websites here :-

https://football-programmes.net

one is dated Sat 13th Jan 1968 which was Postponed.
one is dated for 21st May 1968 which was the re-arranged match.

there appears to be two available for sale if this helps.

The same with Brentside as well (jan & may).

Many Thanks & Regards.
andy1966

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:58 pm 
Post subject:

73-4 - Leicester City v Everton.
I have been through each Everton programme for that season, Everton had a Facts And Figures page in many editions that year, Leicester Away is not in any of these pages until the game has been played. I can't find anything of a scheduled game in the programmes for 6th Feb at all.

I have to assume therefore there was no programme issued for 6th Feb
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: