Football Programmes Centre

Collecting badges
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Collecting badges

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Badge Collectors Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gatfb

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:12 pm 
Post subject: Collecting badges

I found a few old Chelsea ones hidden away recently and have started to add to them. I'm just buying things I like, but Coffer seem to be the ones that go for a premium. Could anyone tell me why some are Coffer london and others Coffer Northampton?

Did they move and which ones would be the oldest and most valuable? Any other badge info would also be greatly appreciated.
GrestytheLion

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:58 pm 
Post subject:

Some of this is from memory so please stick with me.

Coffer didn't actually make badges, they were made mainly by reeves but other companies did produce a badge commissioned by Coffer and stamped as Coffer. Coffer were originally based in London before moving the Northampton before finally going out of business in I think the mid 80's.

The molds would be reused which is why there are examples of the same badge but with no stamp or sold on and produced again from that mold hence sometimes the different colours

I have been told that several molds ended up in Czechoslovakia and they produced a number of reproduction Coffer badges in the late 80/90s
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:02 pm 
Post subject:

I never knew any of that Gresty, very interesting indeed.

Thanks for sharing that mate.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/newport-county-badges/albums
gatfb

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:15 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks.
Bogus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:53 pm 
Post subject:

I think you'll find Coffer badges for big London clubs like Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea do generally go for a lot more than non London clubs, Man City do well too. Even if your looking at buying bundles, expect competition for the good stuff. I get the impression Man U and Liverpool badges were produced in such big numbers during the Coffer period that the markets swamped with the more common designs and so much easier and cheaper to collect, albeit they likely have a lot more designs and variations to collect
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Badge Collectors Section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: