Football Programmes Centre

I want... I can't afford
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
I want... I can't afford

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Badge Collectors Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Superblue

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:13 pm 
Post subject: I want... I can't afford

This fantastic little gem has came on ebay, unfortunately it's a little over my budget, well £240.00 over budget. But they say you won't miss what you never had. Crying or Very sad

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-OLD-CARLISLE-UNITED-FOOTBALL-SUPPORTERS-CLUB-ENAMEL-BROOCH-PIN-BADGE/372201882766?hash=item56a8f6048e:g:XKYAAOSwXoxaZit0

Kyle
roughyedz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:45 pm 
Post subject: Re: I want... I can't afford

Superblue wrote:
This fantastic little gem has came on ebay, unfortunately it's a little over my budget, well £240.00 over budget. But they say you won't miss what you never had. Crying or Very sad

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-OLD-CARLISLE-UNITED-FOOTBALL-SUPPORTERS-CLUB-ENAMEL-BROOCH-PIN-BADGE/372201882766?hash=item56a8f6048e:g:XKYAAOSwXoxaZit0

Kyle

Keep an eye on that one, as we all know , on E-Bay. Just because its listed on E-bay for £250 it does not mean its worth £250, far from it. You only have to look at some post6ings on here wherre programmes are listed for £1,000 and similar ones go for £10 to £20 ....... give it another 6 months not having sold and it could be down to £20 ........... Having said all that it does look old and i can understand as a Carlise follower you would want it. Laughing
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:36 pm 
Post subject: Re: I want... I can't afford

Superblue wrote:

Kyle

I hear you my friend. I'm not an affluent man and am often in that same boat myself, I come off eBay some nights greener than a cabbage, I'm so jealous of some lovely badge or other I've seen that's wayyyyyyy over my budget.

Trouble is, inside my head, I've already pictured it sitting in my collection!

Very Happy

Rest assured though, that badge is unlikely to be worth £250 in the current climate. The seller (who runs the badge association) has the most brilliant badge collection known to man, but always lists them at their ultra premium price. He has a couple of Newport I'd like, but they're priced double of what their true 2018 value is, so I won't even consider them.

I have bought other badges off him though when I consider them a fair price. He has some astonishing stuff.

If you're patient, another will surface at a better price matey.

Everything comes to he who waits.

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

https://www.flickr.com/photos/newport-county-badges/albums
pompey gaz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:52 pm 
Post subject:

There's a Pompey supporters club badge on a buy it now for 500 quid !!
It's obviously the real deal but there were identical copies going for a
fiver a couple of years ago, it would help if someone could do a few dozen
of the Carlisle one or is it important to have the original article ?
Superblue

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:00 pm 
Post subject:

pompey gaz wrote:
There's a Pompey supporters club badge on a buy it now for 500 quid !!
It's obviously the real deal but there were identical copies going for a
fiver a couple of years ago, it would help if someone could do a few dozen
of the Carlisle one or is it important to have the original article ?

I would happily take a copy because it's not something I've got, I'm not into collecting for the value of it, it's a smart looking badge and would look good in my collection. The real deal or a copy.
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:05 pm 
Post subject:

I'm an obsessive compulsive, or in collecting terms, a completest.

I'd have to have both, the real one and the copy.

Nod

https://www.flickr.com/photos/newport-county-badges/albums
gatfb

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:28 am 
Post subject:

I want... I can't afford

Chelsea v Moscow Dynamo 1945 ticket. I've seen three in the last 15 years. Two of which I was the under bidder at around £100 and £125.

Yesterday I bid on one at the Sportingold auction. I did not expect to win it as a well known wealthy Chelsea collector has entered the ticket market in the last few years.

I still entered a bid of double my last attempt to obtain the afore mentioned ticket. However this time I was not even in the ball park as it sold for £700 before add ons. So around the £850 mark all in.
goonerboy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:04 pm 
Post subject:

Don't worry because it will come up again and go for a lot less than the £850. The same thing happened with Chelsea tickets from the 60s. At the beginning the 2 or 3 guys with the deep pockets went hammer and tong and they regularly went for £50 or more. Now a lot of them don't even sell for £9.99. Just bide your time, let the money boys have first dibs then that will give other sellers motivation and you will grab it for a more sensible amount.
gatfb

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:49 pm 
Post subject:

Spot on. Just need to bide my time and hope I can carry on breathing. Smile
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Badge Collectors Section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: