Football Programmes Centre

Duncan Edwards
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Duncan Edwards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
galmpton

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:58 pm 
Post subject: Duncan Edwards

As the FA Cup 4th round is coming up ,I enclose a letter from Duncan Edwards to a fan asking for a ticket for the Bournemouth game,as he only gets 30 tickets himself he cant help the fan.
Flaming Pie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:30 pm 

Galmpton, thanks for sharing the Duncan Edwards' letter. Duncan must have been a good bloke willing to take the time to reply to a fan .l recall being in one of those antique centres in Cheshire a few years ago..One of the stalls was selling sports memorabilia. Got chatting to the owner, who showed me an England schools international cap from the 1950s. He didn't have a clue which player it was awarded to. l said joking if it's Duncan Edwards it will be worth a few bob. Someone walking past said "l played against him". We got chatting and it turned out it was during the National Service army days. l wanted to quiz him all about the great man as a player . How many times will you get the chance to chat to someone who played against Edwards? He was about to go into detail when his wife turned up and said " bloody football again!" and dragged him away .So l never got to hear his story. Horrible woman!

Last edited by Flaming Pie on Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Westbourne

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:48 pm 
Post subject:

What a great item. Ive only ever seen a short letter written by Duncan at an auction at Chester Auction house and that fetched over £1,000 over 20 years ago. Love Love
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:52 pm 
Post subject: DUNCAN EDWARDS

Here is an original hand written letter from Duncan Edwards[undated] where he has sent a young boy a pair of his socks and he hope that the young lad will do well in the future.

When Duncan wrote this he was probably in his teens himself!

https://flic.kr/p/67ws4T

One of the last letters that he wrote to his friend Eric Dorman whose Mother was Duncan's Landlady when he was in digs in Manchester is very explicit about football and other things that a 20 odd year old would chat about back then, read it for yourselves........
His pal Eric had emigrated to Canada hence the letter writing in the first place[but returned home in later times].

https://flic.kr/p/22hXGAg
https://flic.kr/p/FwvPyA

Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:15 am 
Post subject: Duncan Edwards Memorabilia

If anyone out there has any interest in Duncan Edwards then I am showing a link to a few bits n bobs that I have turned up over the years that I felt were interesting items relating to him.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsjpAr6qm

Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Flaming Pie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:56 am 

Thanks for posting them Leslie.Will enjoy having a look through them. There is a Munich article in today's Mirror.My first football memory as a toddler was the disaster .l didn't even have a clue what football was, but l remember the reports of the crash on on the news and my parents talking about it..l don't think Sir Bobby Charlton ever got over it.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: