Football Programmes Centre

New ridiculous price on e-bay
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New ridiculous price on e-bay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DRFC Sheffield

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:09 pm 
Post subject: New ridiculous price on e-bay

Wont drag this topic out but this caught my eye as I am after 50;s Boro v Doncaster programmes was specifically looking at Boro 50;s

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Middlesbrough-f-c-v-Lincoln-City-official-programme-1954/272989531540?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
£499 really???
williebhoy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:07 pm 
Post subject:

There is a Celtic Kilmarnock Scottish cup semi final 1957 at a buy it now price of £ 1030.00 which is madness. I'd value it £ 5.00 at most

goodison

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:15 pm 
Post subject:

Looks like a genuine mistake, his other programmes are better priced and nearly 23,000 feedback. Think he may be a dealer as sure I've bought from him in the past - is it Dick Rattray or is my memory playing up.
slightfold

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:46 pm 
Post subject:

It is defo not Dick Rattray! He seems to have stopped selling, his website is unavailable and he has not listed on Ebay for months. Anyone know if he is alright or what.?
kcs

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:46 pm 
Post subject:

The seller of the Celtic Kilmarnock programme is not Dick Rattray - the seller is an absolute disgrace and dishonest individual who sells photocopies of programmes and refuses to refund when questioned - and then accuses you of taking the original programme and photocopying it yourself!!!

A well known dealer and collector on this forum believed the programme to be fake from the original posting (the photography was conveniently poor) so it shows the owner was not advertising the original!!

The seller then plays the women card and I am a bully for trying it on against a women and then had one of her male friends contact me with threats!!

Avoid the seller at all costs!!!

Showcase your collection in an online programme guide!
Display your research in a comprehensive history archive!
se20blue

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:07 am 
Post subject:

slightfold wrote:
It is defo not Dick Rattray! He seems to have stopped selling, his website is unavailable and he has not listed on Ebay for months. Anyone know if he is alright or what.?

https://dickrattrayfootballprogrammes.com/football-programmes.html
Dorking

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:21 am 
Post subject:

I bought some 1920s Palace programmes from Dick a few years ago and they were excellent - a brilliant service and brilliant seller. Really pleased with them and a pleasure to deal with.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:32 am 
Post subject:

kcs wrote:
The seller of the Celtic Kilmarnock programme is not Dick Rattray - the seller is an absolute disgrace and dishonest individual who sells photocopies of programmes and refuses to refund when questioned - and then accuses you of taking the original programme and photocopying it yourself!!!

A well known dealer and collector on this forum believed the programme to be fake from the original posting (the photography was conveniently poor) so it shows the owner was not advertising the original!!

The seller then plays the women card and I am a bully for trying it on against a women and then had one of her male friends contact me with threats!!

Avoid the seller at all costs!!!

Care to name and shame

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Fishy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:22 pm 
Post subject:

slightfold wrote:

Just looked on Dicks website seems to be running ok.
Next update is due in February.
48/9 Newport.
49/0 Walsall; Exeter.
50/1 Port Vale.
51/2 Port Vale 1/5.
52/3 Swindon.
clsyorkshire

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:47 pm 
Post subject:

probably bfe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:51 pm 
Post subject:

Dick Rattray's been dealing for what seems like forever now and was usually nice to me as a young collector learning the ropes. I do wonder if the more mature dealers who were active 20-30-40 years ago still enjoy it as much nowadays, or whether they see programme dealing as having become more or less difficult, lucrative, enjoyable... etc...
DRFC Sheffield

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:24 pm 
Post subject:

I have just successfully bid £102 for 2 50's Boro v Rovers which makes the price ridiculous unless as stated it was possibly a mistake. Boro and Swansea 50's are particularly scare I have found, and Leeds can be pricy but London ones such as Fulham or Brentford are generally cheap and plentiful. I have bought from Dick Rattay and I find Brentside good for Rovers needs and good value, Football Zone have some good rarities but at a price.
DRFC Sheffield

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:07 pm 
Post subject:

goodison wrote:
Looks like a genuine mistake, his other programmes are better priced and nearly 23,000 feedback. Think he may be a dealer as sure I've bought from him in the past - is it Dick Rattray or is my memory playing up.

No mistake by the look of it now on for £399-real bargain. Wonder why that programme is so special??
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:58 pm 
Post subject:

I cannot speak for any forum members with regards to their experiences with the seller in question who is selling the Scottish Cup Semi Finals or for that matter the prices being asked for, (although I have to agree with many that some prices appear high).

However, I think its only fair to mention that I've visited this seller a couple of times, and personally have always found them to be very cordial.

They certainly helped my lads collection out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: