Football Programmes Centre

The Other Side of EBay
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Other Side of EBay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:45 pm 
Post subject: The Other Side of EBay

We are quick to moan and point out the cons & flaws with eBay - and rightly so of course - but amongst the cheats and conmen, there are still so many good and damned decent folk out there. People that invariably restore your faith in human nature.

So I thought I'd share one such story ...

At the beginning of the week, I contacted a seller in Germany about a nice badge he had for sale which I wanted, but could not buy. To cut a long story short, I only had Paypal, and he only had another payment method linked to his bank.

To my surprise he said ... "Hey, it's Christmas buddy, give me your address and I will send it to you for free."
Which he duly did and it arrived today.
An extraordinary act of kindness which has not gone unappreciated here.

What a bloody lovely bloke eh. A true gentleman.

PS. Merry Christmas everyone! Smile

https://www.flickr.com/photos/newport-county-badges/albums
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:38 pm 
Post subject:

What a great story. Restores our faith in human kind.
You are right, there are still good people out there.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
Five and In

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:34 am 
Post subject: The Other Side of EBay

The side of the coin that rarely gets a mention.

This week I picked up some Spurs photos.
The seller sent a message apologising for delayed dispatch which was the next day so no biggie.
When the lot arrived, he had put two freebies in there to compensate for the delay!

Nice one regarding the badge Wiggy and what a nice guy. Clap
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:54 pm 
Post subject:

Similar experience recently.

Hearts programme on BIN, one I had been looking for. A bit pricey but what the hell. Programme arrives and it has faults that weren't described and I'm a bit disappointed. Contacted seller to point out the issues and that maybe as a result it was overpriced.

Seller replies saying it was his fault so said keep the programme and gave me a full refund, despite my protests that I was more than happy to agree a reasonable reduction to take into account the condition, but he was having none of it. Full refund.

He subsequently lists a couple of others on my wants, overpriced imo but I bought both to give him something back for his generosity. Both arrived perfectly described.

Customer service way beyond what was necessary but as a result he will continue to get repeat business, and items now fully described on his listings. EBay isn't all bad.
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:28 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks for adding some nice stories guys.

Yes, there's some great people out there and they're the ones who make eBay a pleasurable experience the majority of the time.

I don't believe in much in this Godforsaken world, but I do firmly believe that you reap what you sow; treat others as you would like to be treated yourself etc etc.

And thanks to the overwhelming majority of people being decent and honest, it's a policy that lets you down and disappoints you only very rarely.

Thumbs Up

manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:14 pm 
Post subject:

littlewiggy wrote:
Thanks for adding some nice stories guys.

Yes, there's some great people out there and they're the ones who make eBay a pleasurable experience the majority of the time.

I don't believe in much in this Godforsaken world, but I do firmly believe that you reap what you sow; treat others as you would like to be treated yourself etc etc.

And thanks to the overwhelming majority of people being decent and honest, it's a policy that lets you down and disappoints you only very rarely.

Thumbs Up

"but I do firmly believe that you reap what you sow; treat others as you would like to be treated yourself etc etc.

And thanks to the overwhelming majority of people being decent and honest, it's a policy that lets you down and disappoints you only very rarely".

very well said wiggy for 100% certain!, there will always be assholes around to upset the applecart but I am a firm believer in what goes around WILL eventually come around and sometimes you actually get to deliver the justice yourself to the 2 faced, greedy back stabbing Bar Stewards.

Cool

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:10 pm 
Post subject:

Well played Leslie, and you're not wrong.

What goes around comes around. We are all masters of our own destiny, and you abuse it at your peril.

Life has an uncanny knack of smacking some sense into your chops and catching up with you when you least expect it.

That's why you should always go the extra mile for somebody.

If for nowt else, it brightens somebody's day.

| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: