Football Programmes Centre

Swindon 1960's Cup Programmes
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Swindon 1960's Cup Programmes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stfc831968

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:48 pm 
Post subject: Swindon 1960's Cup Programmes

Wonder if anyone can help me with this

I've got 3 Swindon cup programmes missing from the 1960's, but i'm not sure if programmes were produced for at least two of the matches, so i could be chasing programmes which don't exist.

They are -

Luton v Swindon FA Cup 3rd Round - 26 January 1963, this match was played at short notice, so i can imagine no programme was made

Preston NE v Swindon League Cup 2nd Round - 5 October 1961, i'm hoping this one does exist, just never come across a copy

Swindon v Shrewsbury League Cup 2nd Round 2nd Replay - 26 October 1960, this was played only 2 days after the first replay on 24 October 1960. I've got copies of both the first two matches, just not this one (if one exists)

Many Thanks

Simon
stfc831968

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:06 pm 
Post subject:

I've managed to get hold of the Preston Swindon League Cup programme from 1961, so i just have the Swindon Shrewsbury 26 October 1960 League Cup programme and the Luton Swindon 26 January 1963 FA Cup programme missing.

So if anyone knows if programmes were produced (or not) for either of these matches then please let me know

Thanks

Simon
An Essex Hatter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:01 am 
Post subject:

Although it is a little before my time the club historian did confirm to me that Luton v Swindon FAC 62/3 is the only time post war that the Hatters have failed to issue a programme of any sort, the game being put on at extremely short notice.
stfc831968

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:11 am 
Post subject:

Many Thanks to both you and stfcprogman for confirming this to me; that saves me looking for a programme which doesn't exist.

Now to try and find the Swindon Shrewsbury 1960 League Cup programme....
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: