Football Programmes Centre

Wanted Pre 1950 Programmes
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Wanted Pre 1950 Programmes
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes You Require
View previous topic :: View next topic  
highlandjambo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:18 pm 
Post subject: Pre 1950 Programmes

For what it's worth I sold programmes to DefunctClubs, no problem whatever, good communication etc, I would deal with him anytime.
DefunctClubs

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:44 pm 
Post subject: Thanks

Thanks Allan
Very Happy
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:20 pm 
Post subject:

Same here too. Can't understand this at all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:47 pm 
Post subject:

Pete’s Picture Palace wrote:
Same here too. Can't understand this at all.

Put your thinking cap on......
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:49 pm 
Post subject:

Don't have one, it'll slide off in the wind. And I don't deal in conspiracy theories.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
DefunctClubs

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:56 pm 
Post subject: Thanks

Thanks Pete Very Happy
Eck

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:23 pm 
Post subject:

I am a seller now and i've never asked anyone to make me an offer, if I have something for sale i'll let you know what I want for it, in my experience people who ask you to make an offer want more than it's worth. I've got some pre 50 Arsenal, Chelsea, Charlton, Pompey, Leyton Orient, England etc but i'm buggered if I know where they are.
kcs

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:52 am 
Post subject:

Eck wrote:
in my experience people who ask you to make an offer want more than it's worth.

What a ridiculous thing to say, you're basically saying anyone that asks for offers must be trying to rip people off...

What about if the seller doesn't know the true value but has an incline the collection/individual programme has some value - what is he or she meant to do, sell it to for a couple of quid - unfortunately very few people on here would then advise that the couple of quid the seller is asking is in fact too low (several would post to advise but not actually state the true value if they wanted to buy).

Asking for offers also quickly identifies people who are simply on the hunt for quality on the cheap, or time wasters.

As you are now a seller I assume you know the current market prices across the hobby.... Of course you don't, very few people do!! If you purchased a collection and an unusual item was included would you then list for a couple of quid..... Nope!! You would potentially ask for offers.

By the way, assuming people that list on eBay as auctions are also looking to get more than its worth as they are affectively asking for offers....

Whilst I accept you state from your experiences... It really does come across as your slating people who don't list at a fixed price.

Showcase your collection in an online programme guide!
Display your research in a comprehensive history archive!
kcs

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:55 am 
Post subject:

Why is it that members on here automatically think that a poster is either Ray or Bazza if they don't comply to the majorities opinions?

Eck

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:14 am 
Post subject:

kcs wrote:
Eck wrote:
in my experience people who ask you to make an offer want more than it's worth.

What a ridiculous thing to say, you're basically saying anyone that asks for offers must be trying to rip people off...

What about if the seller doesn't know the true value but has an incline the collection/individual programme has some value - what is he or she meant to do, sell it to for a couple of quid -

[ebay - auction, ask for a valuation, if a person doesn't know the true value how does he know what is a good offer?]

unfortunately very few people on here would then advise that the couple of quid the seller is asking is in fact too low (several would post to advise but not actually state the true value if they wanted to buy).

Asking for offers also quickly identifies people who are simply on the hunt for quality on the cheap, or time wasters.

As you are now a seller I assume you know the current market prices across the hobby.... Of course you don't, very few people do!! If you purchased a collection and an unusual item was included would you then list for a couple of quid..... Nope!! You would potentially ask for offers.

[I have a pretty good idea of market trends and if I come across what I think is something out of the ordinary, I research it.]

By the way, assuming people that list on eBay as auctions are also looking to get more than its worth as they are affectively asking for offers....

Whilst I accept you state from your experiences... It really does come across as your slating people who don't list at a fixed price.

[i have no problem with auction or ebay, that is getting several people involved for maximum profit, you must be aware that the reference was to one on one transactions]

Last edited by Eck on Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:16 am 
Post subject:

kcs wrote:
Why is it that members on here automatically think that a poster is either Ray or Bazza if they don't comply to the majorities opinions?

I think one member does. But I get your point.
TheMusic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:19 am 
Post subject:

Once bitten, twice shy - that's why. I'd imagine a part of those two people you've mentioned would still like to be publicly posting on here (why wouldn't they like to contribute to a popular forum on their hobby?) but many likely think that they can't rein in their negative tendencies so when there's a new or unfamiliar poster who is anything less than totally friendly, the suspicion arises it may be one of them, I'm afraid.
Eck

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:25 am 
Post subject:

kcs wrote:

If people are behaving in a certain way some will make that connection. ,
For the record, I liked both of them, cheeky sods they were but good entertainment.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:34 am 
Post subject:

kcs wrote:

That's because it's clearly Bazza, the same modus operandi and abrasive approach. He even went and edited his last (rude) post after my initial post to try and cover his tracks.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:43 am 
Post subject:

kcs wrote:

I'm not sure it does. If you don't know the real value of the programme how does asking for a offer ensure that you get a fair price?

The only way is sticking it on ebay/auction and letting the market decide. If it's a rarity, chances are you're going to get plenty of interest, even then there's no guarantees.

On the other hand, if you are fully aware of the value of a programme then why not list an asking price, at least then everyone is aware of your expectations and if you want to haggle from there, fair enough.
kcs

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:47 am 
Post subject:

I am not saying that Westbourne is not Bazza - it could be it might not be....

The point I am making is - the forum does have a tendency to target people that don't necessarily agree with the regular posters, and the method regularly appears to claim they are banned members causing trouble.

Now I am fully aware that banned members have re-appeared but I am also aware that other posters have been falsely identified as being either of the two banned members. It simply does not encourage new members to post an opinion that strays from the views of the regular posters.

A forum is exactly that, an open forum to express an opinion - I get the impression that the only opinion allowed is if the opinion is shared by a select group of members of the forum.

Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:53 am 
Post subject:

kcs wrote:
I am not saying that Westbourne is not Bazza - it could be it might not be....

The point I am making is - the forum does have a tendency to target people that don't necessarily agree with the regular posters, and the method regularly appears to claim they are banned members causing trouble.

Now I am fully aware that banned members have re-appeared but I am also aware that other posters have been falsely identified as being either of the two banned members. It simply does not encourage new members to post an opinion that strays from the views of the regular posters.

A forum is exactly that, an open forum to express an opinion - I get the impression that the only opinion allowed is if the opinion is shared by a select group of members of the forum.

I don't disagree with any of that, the bogey man isn't hiding around every corner, people need to be careful what they post in that regard.

However when "Westbourne" starts being rude, abrasive, even aggressive for no apparent reason towards another member when offering him programmes, in a manner and approach very familiar to those of us who have been on here for a while, then sometimes you need to call it how you see it.
kcs

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:56 am 
Post subject:

Tynie Topics wrote:
kcs wrote:

I'm not sure it does. If you don't know the real value of the programme how does asking for a offer ensure that you get a fair price?

The only way is sticking it on ebay/auction and letting the market decide. If it's a rarity, chances are you're going to get plenty of interest, even then there's no guarantees.

On the other hand, if you are fully aware of the value of a programme then why not list an asking price, at least then everyone is aware of your expectations and if you want to haggle from there, fair enough.

Some valid points - What I was trying to get across was - if your not sure of somethings value then asking for offers can give an approximate starting point - for example, I have an item is valued at £100 (I am not aware of this) and ask for offers - now, as stated previously some members on here would advise the poster that the item could command £100 - which is, of course, a positive surrounding this forum....
I can then quickly tell by people's offer/s on whether they are taking the Michael....

Agreed, if you are aware of the market value then common sense suggests to state a price - but then again, if a programme is valued at £100 (and your aware of this) and someone puts in an offer for £80 you may accept for a sale - it's all swings and roundabout's

My initial response to Eck was because I felt he was labelling people who ask for offers as (for want of a better word) conmen (Eck - I know you didn't state that directly before you get the wrong end of the stick)

Eck

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:07 pm 
Post subject:

kcs wrote:

My initial response to Eck was because I felt he was labelling people who ask for offers as (for want of a better word) conmen

I didn't mean conmen more like chancers but doesn't apply to all but generally if someone is offering something for sale on a one on one situation,
in my opinion the seller should be obliged to put a price on it
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes You Require All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: