Football Programmes Centre

At long Long Last
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
At long Long Last

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mancitymark

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:47 pm 
Post subject: At long Long Last

I secured a copy of the holy grail as far as I’m concerned for City programme collectors from ebay this week and happy with the price at £227 for a mint condition copy of the 1970 European Cup Winners Cup Final Manchester City v Gornik Zabrze. Smile Smile Smile

I've seen copies of this in the past sell between £400 - £700 so at the price I've paid it should also be a good future investment.

Pagiemcfc

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:19 pm 
Post subject:

Now Im Jealous!!
All i have is a crappy repro on A4 Paper Folded in Half but suppose better than nothing as can't afford £200+ at the moment on progs.
Is that you completed now for Euro aways or do you still need the ultra rare Schalke and Academica??
Those 2 progs arrived safetly Saturday morning mate cheers
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:48 pm 
Post subject:

Bloody Gornik I say..

It's the same with Everton v Gornik pre-season friendly at Goodison. They only issued teamsheets to the directors (I think). So virtually no one has a "programme" or Teamsheet (original).

Such is life!
Molineux Phil

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:58 pm 
Post subject: Re: At long Long Last

mancitymark wrote:
I secured a copy of the holy grail as far as I’m concerned for City programme collectors from ebay this week and happy with the price at £227 for a mint condition copy of the 1970 European Cup Winners Cup Final Manchester City v Gornik Zabrze. Smile Smile Smile

I've seen copies of this in the past sell between £400 - £700 so at the price I've paid it should also be a good future investment.

Great news im sure for you Mark ,i know the feeling ,took me ages to obtain one of the rarest of my collection Blackburn v Leeds 59/60,tis a great feeling to behold.
ForestMick

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:36 pm 
Post subject:

Well done mate, I know you've been trying really hard to fill gaps in your collection, so congrats. Clap
mancitymark

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:25 pm 
Post subject:

Pagiemcfc wrote:
Now Im Jealous!!
All i have is a crappy repro on A4 Paper Folded in Half but suppose better than nothing as can't afford £200+ at the moment on progs.
Is that you completed now for Euro aways or do you still need the ultra rare Schalke and Academica??
Those 2 progs arrived safetly Saturday morning mate cheers

Hi mate - Still missing 67/68 v Fanerbache, 69/70 v Academica, Schalke & 77/78 v AC Millan, Not sure if there was a programme for the 3rd game v Gornik in 70/71.

I have Ipswich away 00/01 ticket if you need it mate
Pagiemcfc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:54 pm 
Post subject:

Hi Mate

The Fenerbahce & Milan there wasn't really an official programme produced but there was a local newspaper with lineups in for both so don't worry about those 2 mate

Gornik Game in Copenhagen (3rd Game) there was nothing produced for this game the only item i know exists is the match ticket which is displayed in Manchester Museum

Academica you can probably get for around £40 if your lucky i have seen on ebay once (they always have it at cresta court fair and i think it is about £40 but could be wrong on price)

Schalke IMO citys rarest Euro away prog and apparently there are 3 official versions of it but the main prog will be the Schalke Kreisel which is what we got last year and is valued at £100+ easilly (if only the one from last season is worth the same in 20 years!!)

As you probably already know there was nothing produced for the away games at Lierse, Bilbao, Bologna & Valencia

Good luck on Schalke and Academica mate

I will check tonight mate on the Ipswich Stub but i think i have it

Cheers

Darren
Pagiemcfc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:02 pm 
Post subject:

1969/70 Schalke v Manchester City (Cup Winners Cup Semi Final)

Very rare City European away programme. This sought after official A4 publication is in outstanding condition.

Item sold for £500 Recently on www.footballprogrammes.com

ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:08 pm 
Post subject:

Such a shame that so many of these games didn't have (m)any programmes produced.
Pagiemcfc

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:51 pm 
Post subject:

Just finally got my hands on a copy of the 1970 European Cup Winners Cup Final Manchester City v Gornik Zabrze prog in good condition for £130!!!

1980Cossie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:14 am 
Post subject:

Pagiemcfc wrote:
1969/70 Schalke v Manchester City (Cup Winners Cup Semi Final)

Very rare City European away programme. This sought after official A4 publication is in outstanding condition.

Item sold for £500 Recently on www.footballprogrammes.com

I sold this programme on ebay last year think it went for around £80, i tried it in September 2008 Sportingold (lot No 1067) but it failed to sell,

AC Milan away there is the forza Milan edition i presume the one you would need is December 78' as even though the match was played late November Milan rarely previewed any matches in their ''Forza'' magazine, usually they just had reviews which included team line-ups,
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:05 pm 
Post subject:

At long long last, a Hearts pre-war........

mancitymark

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:39 pm 
Post subject:

Pagiemcfc wrote:
Just finally got my hands on a copy of the 1970 European Cup Winners Cup Final Manchester City v Gornik Zabrze prog in good condition for £130!!!

Niceone Darren and a cracking price too, There seems to be a few of these knocking about on ebay of late as I guess it’s near Xmas and people are cashing but they selling well below there true value, Which great news for me and you I suppose Smile Smile
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:49 pm 
Post subject:

Finaly got hold of Rovers v Racing Club Haarlem (Holland) 14-5-51. This was our game that was part of the Festival of Britain celebrations.

Very happy indeed.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: