Football Programmes Centre

Bits and bobs... unusual, kitsch, generally worthless
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Bits and bobs... unusual, kitsch, generally worthless
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Superblue

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:19 pm 
Post subject:

I've got 3 great items to show, 2 are the only item of there kind to exists.

Item One

This is a 'football nut', I found this item at my late Nannas house years ago when she moved to a flat more suitable for old people. She told me she got it in a gift shop in a sea side down, couldn't remember where. The only indication it's Carlisle is the name tag at the top. Still boxed I believe that the picture doesn't do it any justice, great item.

Item Two

This is a phone holder my sister made at school nearly 10 years ago. She couldn't think of what to design it on until she saw my deck chair top i was wearing one day and after that inspiration, this was the result.

Item Three

My sister also made me this... erm.... not sure what it is, I use to use it as a pencil holder but it would make a great flower pot. Apparently she took my shirt to College for a week and I never realised it was missing.

I know there not fantastic items but two are unique and a one off so there special in my collection, anyways I hoped you have enjoyed.

Kyle
AJLFC85

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:00 pm 
Post subject:

I think this item would make this thread if anyone wishes to buy it Laughing

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/322785512406
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:02 pm 
Post subject:

holtie96 wrote:

On a more serious note this flyer is worthless and invaluable at the same time Thumbs Up

Agree with your sentiments, this is another done by MUFC and was probably done at the same time from c1980-1981. The worrying thing is that there is now an upsurge of these Bastards raising their heads over the parapets, but thankfully the World will not forget and will never allow them ever again to have the power they had and abused-back to the silly world of bits of worthless paper in the grand scheme of things-makes a balance don't you think from the reality of how the World is today. https://flic.kr/p/9KM2GS Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Paul Johnson

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:17 am 
Post subject:

Thought this was a good investment few years ago, still wrapped and unused !!!!!
Five and In

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:49 pm 
Post subject: Bits and bobs... unusual, kitsch, generally worthless

What a great thread this is.
I have already shown a lot of my worthless treasure on here before, so I won't repeat them, but I want to join in and the easiest thing to hand is a 1972 Spurs UEFA Cup Keyring that opens into a picture book.....and will obviously never be used as a keyring Laughing

Five and In

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:04 pm 
Post subject: Bits and bobs... unusual, kitsch, generally worthless

and my Davy Crockett style Spurs hat that I wore to the FA Cup Final in 1987....What was I thinking?? Get My Coat

Shotsman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:49 pm 
Post subject:

Not sure if this counts as tat, a lovely photo of the East Bank at Aldershot from the early 1950s before the terrace was roofed.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:32 pm 
Post subject:

Superblue wrote:
I've got 3 great items to show, 2 are the only item of there kind to exists.

Item One

This is a 'football nut', I found this item at my late Nannas house years ago when she moved to a flat more suitable for old people. She told me she got it in a gift shop in a sea side down, couldn't remember where. The only indication it's Carlisle is the name tag at the top. Still boxed I believe that the picture doesn't do it any justice, great item.

Item Two

This is a phone holder my sister made at school nearly 10 years ago. She couldn't think of what to design it on until she saw my deck chair top i was wearing one day and after that inspiration, this was the result.

Item Three

My sister also made me this... erm.... not sure what it is, I use to use it as a pencil holder but it would make a great flower pot. Apparently she took my shirt to College for a week and I never realised it was missing.

I know there not fantastic items but two are unique and a one off so there special in my collection, anyways I hoped you have enjoyed.

Kyle

We used to stock the Football Nuts in the club shop at Blundell Park in the late 1980s, in various guises. I also still have my GTFC egg cup from that time that I'll scan and put on here.
Eck

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:42 pm 
Post subject:

Not worthless but kind of quirky items.

manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:22 am 
Post subject:

Eck wrote:
Not worthless but kind of quirky items.

Absolutely!

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
holtie96

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:58 am 
Post subject: Oxford city v Spurs 1927

Not saying this is tat but it is just a piece of paper but is of historical significance on so many levels!
Financial handwritten statement for Oxford city v Tottenham 26/2/1927
Thought you would like to see it, gross gate receipts £57, police 10 shillings 50% gate receipts to Spurs plus fare from Paddington!

pafcprogs

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:48 pm 
Post subject: Super rare liverpool related item......

Charity game at Luton ( on the plastic) to launch the Liverpool Computer game

Controversially decided by a retaken penalty that the goalkeeper still berates the ref ( me) about almost thirty years later!

Eck

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:20 pm 
Post subject:

| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: