Football Programmes Centre

Unusual ebay buyer activity.
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Unusual ebay buyer activity.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ndnewsham

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:19 pm 
Post subject:

As far as I can recall on ebay policy, he cannot get his brother to bid on his behalf. As you have banned him from bidding on your items, any attempt to circumnavigate those rules can result in his account bring suspended as well as the account of his brothers.
It might be well advised to let people know of his brothers ebay id in case this may happen and the problems continue to possibly resurface.
Topbidwinsagain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:58 pm 
Post subject: Unusual ebay buyer activity.

Martino, Stuart has a separate Ebay ID, it is stuartwoodheys, you will note over 1300 feedbacks and also 100% positive.
Stuart has said that he does not collect football items and his feedback confirms this, in conversations with him (email) everything appears to be as you would expect.
Mark has a lot of items for sale at the moment, most Manchester United --his passion--and they are available to fellow collectors/purchasers. Because the problems have all related to Mark as a buyer it is possible that this trading period will pass with no further complications and/or worries for anyone.
I think you hit the nail on the head by being cautious, I am aware that someone recently sold some items to Mark----to stop any problems they took them round and handed them over--job done. A bit of a problem if you live a good distance away, of course, and therefore a different consideration in that situation.
I hope we have given some balance to this topic and, maybe, Mark will have had the opportunity to see the grievances expressed by several members should he visit this forum.
Topbidwinsagain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:14 pm 
Post subject:

ndnewsham wrote:
As far as I can recall on ebay policy, he cannot get his brother to bid on his behalf. As you have banned him from bidding on your items, any attempt to circumnavigate those rules can result in his account bring suspended as well as the account of his brothers.
It might be well advised to let people know of his brothers ebay id in case this may happen and the problems continue to possibly resurface.

Just to make this clear, Mark used Stuart's ebay account without permission and hence the reason why I took strong action. Stuart, on his part, dealt with Mark and has confirmed it will not happen again, Mark, at the time, gave some limp excuses about his computer crashing and he was meanwhile using Stuart's ---hence he forgot I had refused to deal with him.
All of this(and when it happened) just sounds daft!
I feel we moved on now, we have placed warnings for everyone and being aware means beware--hopefully nothing more will happen.
gatfb

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:49 pm 
Post subject:

As previously stated I had a friend who only buys on ebay email shipinn with a link to this thread. I thought it only fair that I should post his response.

Thank you for your message I did have a batch of items that were delivered late by Royal Mail and this caused me a lot of problems. Eventually everything was sorted out to everyones satisfaction. The comments are totally unfounded as my Ebay feedback backs-up. If they were true I would have had my account suspended and this has never happened. A few collectors overeacted at the time and I made explanations to all of them so hopefully no further problems will occur in the future.

Thanks again
Mark
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:06 pm 
Post subject:

gatfb wrote:
As previously stated I had a friend who only buys on ebay email shipinn with a link to this thread. I thought it only fair that I should post his response.

Thank you for your message I did have a batch of items that were delivered late by Royal Mail and this caused me a lot of problems. Eventually everything was sorted out to everyones satisfaction. The comments are totally unfounded as my Ebay feedback backs-up. If they were true I would have had my account suspended and this has never happened. A few collectors overeacted at the time and I made explanations to all of them so hopefully no further problems will occur in the future.

Thanks again
Mark

It caused a bunch of honest eBayers a few problems too I imagine.
Didn't appear to stop them from suffering the immediate backlash though.
However, I see Mark has done absolutely nothing wrong here and it is indeed they who have overreacted.

I'll continue with my block and err on the side of caution I think.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/newport-county-badges/albums
Topbidwinsagain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:24 pm 

That is the type of reply Mark has given to most people.
He took out cases for non-delivery, received refunds and now confirms they were delivered late.
Few are satisfied but he continues the delusion that everything is ok.
When you take out a case for an ebay refund the seller cannot leave a feedback, stands to reason why he still has 100% feedback.
Note he now admits to a few collectors being involved---none have received proper replies or their refunds being refunded(he now admits they were delivered--late).
martino

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:27 pm 
Post subject:

All very suspicious. Likewise I will continue to err on the side of caution.
hydemaine

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:40 pm 
Post subject:

At the moment Mark has a few quite high end United programmes for sale on ebay.

I haven't bought from him, as stated my problems with him arose as a seller to him when items went undelivered and a full refund was issued.

In the meantime he sent something back stating it was not as described and demanded a further refund on that item as well.

When I asked about the earlier refunds he then explained they had now turned up and I shouldn't have issued him with a refund.

It was getting more bizarre with every conversation I had with him.

In the end we came to some form of agreement whereby I wouldn't refund him for the returned item and he would keep the items I had refunded him for that had eventually turned up over a month late?
Both roughly the same value.

It was a confusing and frustrating experience and one that was very strange.
I will not be selling to him again because it was so much hassle and wasted time.

I only hope it doesn't happen to other forum members.

I forgot to add a couple of weeks after I had blocked him I also had his brothers account stuartwoodheys try to buy an item from me. I noticed Stuarts address was in the same block of flats as Mark's only a different number. When I emailed Stuart he told me Mark had some 'problems' at the moment and he would tell Mark to stop using his account. Stuart was more concerned that I was somehow going to leave a negative feedback on his account, which I explained I wasn't (not that I would have been able to anyway) he apologised for his brother's behaviour. I have blocked both accounts from buying from me as a precaution.
Topbidwinsagain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:23 pm 

My last post of 26 September was, as far as I was concerned,the end of the journey and put into the category of experience. You may recall my reference to the possibility of more surprises--well here we go again.
I hear today that one of our respected traders has been contacted by MB: the items he(MB) bought from the August offers list are not as described and he wants a refund----this is 6 weeks after the transaction. MB says he has been in hospital and unable to reply earlier and he is returning the items. If you take the item out of the envelope, look at it, you know at that moment whether it meets your satisfaction--it does not take weeks etc.!!
Whether this raises further questions I care not, I have blocked him and will not trade with him, am I bloody minded or just plain sensible? or can a leopard change spots?
Neutral
martino

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:42 pm 
Post subject:

As you say; another, very surprising, twist.

My only thought is that he is trying to sell the items at a profit but when he does not succeed he returns the items for a refund. Has he listed any of the items for sale on E Bay or elsewhere?

All in all definitely one to avoid.
Topbidwinsagain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:34 pm 
Post subject:

martino wrote:
As you say; another, very surprising, twist.

My only thought is that he is trying to sell the items at a profit but when he does not succeed he returns the items for a refund. Has he listed any of the items for sale on E Bay or elsewhere?

All in all definitely one to avoid.

I am unaware whether he is trying to sell these items before sending them back but he appears to be following a similar pattern,of returns, on a regular basis. Also claiming non-arrival of other programmes, again, on a regular basis. Is this a case of bad memory, could be for the items he says have not arrived but it does not stand up to scrutiny when declaring items are not as described (i.e. received).
Very strange---I will leave it at that.
Agreed, best way is to avoid.
TheSorter!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:58 pm 
Post subject: unusual ebayer

He tried to bid on one of my items a few days ago but luckily I'd already blocked him after reading about him on here. I then got two emails just about begging me to let him bid on my items. No chance! It's just not worth the hassle! Surprised
gatfb

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:33 pm 
Post subject:

My friend was sent this further response from Mark on Saturday. I can not seem to see his 'response' on here as of yet.

eBay
New message from: shipinn (4,598Red Star)
Thanks again for bringing this to my attention, you maybe interested to know that I have now posted a response to these unfounded comments on the same forum this morning. Mark
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:13 pm 
Post subject:

Unfounded comments indeed, lol.

As per my earlier mail, this is clearly a case of everybody being in the wrong, including the GPO, you know those absolute heels with their red sacks who prowl our streets of a morning hell-bent on causing trouble.

Poor Mark.

I was trying to think today of an occasion when I last returned an item.
Despite buying probably tens of thousands of items in the last twenty years, I couldn't think of one.

Have I ever received an item "not as described?"
Sure I have.
I blame myself for not being thorough enough, for not studying the pics properly and for not asking any questions beforehand - then I suck it up and vow not to make the same mistake again.

EBay have made it easy for piss-takers like Mark to act without recrimination unfortunately.

se20blue

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:36 pm 
Post subject:

As per my earlier mail, this is clearly a case of everybody being in the wrong, including the GPO, you know those absolute heels with their red sacks who prowl our streets of a morning hell-bent on causing trouble.

The GPO was established in 1660 and In 1969 the GPO was abolished and the assets transferred to The Post Office.

48 years ago - It's amazing how time flies.
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:44 pm 
Post subject:

LOL Laughing Laughing Laughing

I often get told I'm stuck in the 1970s!!

martino

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 11:31 am 
Post subject:

Just to resurrect this thread I have had the following E Bay message from shipinn

"Hello I have just tried buying this Man. United related poster. but unfortunately for some unknown reason you have a block on me bidding on your items ? However I do not recall buying any items from you before. I would therefore ask you to look at my vast number of positive feedback comments. And the fact I have no negative feedback comments. Can you therefore please reconsider this action. Many thanks. Mark."

Has anyone any recent experience of dealing with this buyer?

Thanks.
Footyfan

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 12:01 pm 
Post subject:

I had a similar exoerienced with anr EBay Seller where I was blocked from bidding. When I messaged the Seller to ask why I did not get any response..
Popsider

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 9:57 pm 
Post subject:

Hi Martino
I've just sold an item to Shipinn on eBay and he paid within a matter of minutes. His eBay rating is 100% on over 5000 transactions - looks pretty good to me!
Paul
se20blue

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 10:05 pm 
Post subject:

Popsider

Have you read through this thread ? As a buyer on Ebay you can only have a 100% rating.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: