Football Programmes Centre

New to this
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New to this

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Debz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:18 am 
Post subject: New to this

Hi,
Marriage vows being as they are, I have offered to catalogue my better half's programme collection so he can sell off the non-YTFC ones and focus on what is dearest to his heart, the YTFC ones obviously! Any suggestions as to the best way to do this? I read someone was using Excel, is this generally the best software? There are probably in excess of 2500 programmes so I want to get it right.
Five and In

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:31 am 
Post subject: New to this

Hi Debz

Excel is probably the easiest for what you are doing.

In my opinion, your biggest decision is whether to list them all in date order or in alphabetical order by home team.
To the "end viewer" of the list, it will not matter too much which you go with, but I feel it needs to be one or the other to avoid the list becoming "a big jumble" of stuff.

Good luck with your task and when you've finished could you do my 120,000 programmes for me please?
seand

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:32 am 
Post subject:

If it's done carefully in Excel it should be user friendly and easy to search using filters on the top of the columns.

Make sure you have columns for:
season
home team
away team
competition
condition
price
notes

Try to be consistent in the names too so someone can filter for "Manchester United" and not worry about missing "Man United" and Man Utd" and Manchester U" etc
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: