Football Programmes Centre

Wrexham v Manchester United FA Cup or Bournemouth 1956-7????
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Wrexham v Manchester United FA Cup or Bournemouth 1956-7????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:28 pm 
Post subject: Wrexham v Manchester United FA Cup or Bournemouth 1956-7????

United visited the Racecourse grounds and set a new attendance record of an incredible 34,445 and some of the scenes on the terraces are quite amazing, sardines for sure.

I have a number of press photos showing the crowd, take a look:

https://flic.kr/p/7hcFUr
https://flic.kr/p/6iDkY5
https://flic.kr/p/6iDmvj
https://flic.kr/p/6iDmdQ
https://flic.kr/p/6iDkAh

Quite staggering eh-a health and safety man today looking at this would top himself! Laughing

So this is my question Wrexham played in Red Shirts and White Shorts, so did United, but it was Wrexham who changed their kit to White shirts with a Red V neck and Black Shorts so they would not clash on the pitch and according to the programme United were to play in Blue shirts and White shorts.

However, I have had another press photo for a long time and was about to upload to flickr today when it occurred to me that the caption on the back says United at Wrexham, mentions the score 0-5 to United all in pencil but has the Press Stamp BUT "Wrexham" in this photo are wearing WHITE SHORTS on all the other photographs it is Black and I need someone to identify the stand in this image?.

Now United also played an earlier round at Hartlepool and it is not that match and they also played a 6th round at Bournemouth and Boscombe
where the home team switched from Red and White to just White so in effect is the photo I am now showing below that of the Bournemouth's players and Dean Court??. Any help from you eagle eyes would be much appreciated!

Many thanks Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
SeasideMark

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:23 pm 
Post subject:

Looks like Borough Park, Workington Les

manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:06 pm 
Post subject:

SeasideMark wrote:
Looks like Borough Park, Workington Les

Mark the roof in my photo is flat in comparison to the roof with an apex in yours ??. Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
se20blue

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:18 pm 
Post subject:

Leslie

What apex ?
Put the spex on
SeasideMark

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:02 pm 
Post subject:

The angle of the side panel at the end of the stand is the same in both photos. Definitely Workington in my view.
SeasideMark

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:04 pm 
Post subject:

Exit door at the back of the stand is also in the right place.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:32 pm 
Post subject:

just checked some other action photos from the Workington away Cup Tie and I have been able recognise some of the players it would seem from the first photo, so it looks like you are spot on Mark-well done Bow

Your spotters fee will be in the post Laughing

| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: