Football Programmes Centre

Barcelona matchday posters 1959-60 to 1965-6
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Barcelona matchday posters 1959-60 to 1965-6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:10 pm 
Post subject: Barcelona matchday posters 1959-60 to 1965-6

Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:21 pm 
Post subject:

For some reason despite being loaded the right way up these have now turned out to be at right angles! You get the drift though....

I reckon these are stunning, especially the two European Cup ones vs Inter Milan and Antwerp. Doing a bit of researcjh into them last night I hadn't realised that during the 1959-60 season Barca played in two European competitions at the same time - although I've had programmes from both campaings. The ICFC went from 1958 to 1960, and The European Cup campaign from 1959 to 1960.

On Setember 23rd they played their first ever European Cup home tie vs CSKA Sofia winning 62-3 (8-4 on aggregate) The following week they played AC Milan in the Fairs Cup! They continued in both competitions reaching the Final of the ICFC vs Birmingham City, and the semi final of the European Cup vs Real Madrid. They played a total of twelve games in both competitions.

As well as the European games Barca played no less than 22 friendlies that season!
Eck

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:28 pm 
Post subject:

I've got a wee Barcelona pin badge if you want it John.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:55 pm 
Post subject:

Am not a Barca collector Eck, I just loved these for their artwork. Think they'll look superb when framed.
Eck

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:56 pm 
Post subject:

Aye, great items John.
Flaming Pie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:43 pm 
Post subject: Barcelona match day posters 1959-60

Love those posters Auchinleckian You got a bargain. Currently residing not far across the sea in from Barca in Menorca.Possibly could end up in the clink by the weekend . Not joking , this is true. .We are part of the Monach gone bust crowd.The hotel we are residing in wants us to pay again for something we paid for month ago. Cheeky sods! Have decided to fight it and they have threatened us with the police. Might need the help of some of the lads on the forum! Adios.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:29 pm 
Post subject:

Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:31 pm 
Post subject:

CACAOLAT at the top of the poster is chocolate milk, whom I assume sponsored the posters.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:35 pm 
Post subject:

See the wee grey block on one of the corners of each photo that isn't a tape measure? Excellent ink rubber. Ideal for using on white background where a score has been inserted on the front cover, or team line ups on the centre pages.

Haven't tried it on modernish programmes - ie anything with a hint of gloss on it as it would obviously leave a mark - but on programmes like 1940s Chelsea / Spurs / Arsenal etc where score is written on the white front cover it's excellent. At roughly a fiver a pop it's a godsend.
Flaming Pie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:04 pm 
Post subject: Barcelona match day posters 1959-60

Thanks Auchinleckian.Will get in touch with them. The sad thing is a lot of the people that they ( the hotels) are threatening are elderly. There is not much in the British press about what is actually going on here.I always thought this was a friendly island. In times of cricis, l am seeing a different side to Menorca. I'll stick to Llandudno next year!
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: