Football Programmes Centre

eBay buyers opening cases!
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
eBay buyers opening cases!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AJLFC85

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:11 pm 
Post subject: eBay buyers opening cases!

I said I would post items 1st class under £30 until someone opened a case it lasted a year and now I've had my first case.

I sent the item 2 weeks ago and the buyer has not been in any contact to say it's not arrived and out the blue last night opened a case against me. I obviously only have proof of postage so eBay will go in his favour even though he is lieing.

I've been in contact with another seller after investigating and he has done the same with another item and opened a case and said its not arrived ironically he purchased the items on the same day.

Instead of refunding him I've purchased the exact same item saving myself £5 and got the seller to send recorded delivery so eBay will decide in my favour! so the con man will have 2 shirts instead of his cash back. Anyone else ever done this and purchased an item to send instead of refunding?

Last edited by AJLFC85 on Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
roughyedz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:31 pm 
Post subject:

if you post recorded then no problem, it only costs exrtra £1 or so, and buyer pays anyway , so why give the con men a chance . go to "report this buyer" as well
Five and In

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:55 am 
Post subject: Re: eBay buyers opening cases!

AJLFC85 wrote:

Instead of refunding him I've purchased the exact same item saving myself £5 and got the seller to send recorded delivery so eBay will decide in my favour! so the con man will have 2 shirts instead of his cash back. Anyone else ever done this and purchased an item to send instead of refunding?

Agree with Roughyedz regarding tracked post. I record almost all of my post now and it's only another pound. The only ones I tend not to bother with are "fiver sales" unless I get a "gut feeling" about it and then I record at my cost.
Definitely agree about reporting him to Ebay especially if he has done the same with others, but not via e-mail. Pick up the phone and speak to somebody. They will then monitor his account for any further incidents.
Also add him to your blocked list.

Regarding purchasing rather than refund, I have done it once, but in different circumstances.
I sold a badge for £10 and tore the house apart looking for it to package.
Then the penny dropped.......slowly.
I had sold it several weeks before, off of Ebay, and forgot to remove the listing.
I found one on Ebay for a fiver and once received sent it on to the buyer.
Everybody won - The buyer got his badge and I made the tiniest of profits and more importantly, kept my reputation intact.
AJLFC85

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:46 pm 
Post subject:

Yeah I'll be sending signed for on everything over £5 now as well. I've reported the buyer to eBay and blocked him from buying anything else his username incase anyone wants to add him to there list is 2017buysell2017. He's signed for the replacement and that's all been updated on the open case. A lot of time wasted but valuable lessons learnt.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: