Football Programmes Centre

Boston United v Leicester City 24 July 2005
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Boston United v Leicester City 24 July 2005

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Football Programme Fairs. In honour of Gordon Bennett. RIP
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viola19

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:36 am 
Post subject: Boston United v Leicester City 24 July 2005

I have the programme issued for this pre season friendly which I believe was not played ?? Anyone know anything about the circumstances of this fixture, and indeed, do I own a rare programme, or are they quite common. I have never seen another copy.
Any info much appreciated.
grantham

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:34 am 
Post subject:

Quote:
24 July Following the withdrawal of Inter Milan from their tour of England, this now means that Leicester CIty no longer have a fixture on Monday 25th July. They have therefore decided to play the pre-season friendly at Boston on this free date. The kick-off on Monday night will be at 7:30pm. The game had originally been scheduled for Sunday 24th, but was temporarily switched to Monday 1st August due to player unavailability at Leicester.

Quote:
Following the decision of Inter Milan to stick with their tour of England, this now means that Leicester CIty are no longer free to play Boston United on Monday night. The match will be rearranged for a later date.

No new date was ever arranged
foxes1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:29 pm 
Post subject: Re: Boston United v Leicester City 24 July 2005

Viola19 wrote:
I have the programme issued for this pre season friendly which I believe was not played ?? Anyone know anything about the circumstances of this fixture, and indeed, do I own a rare programme, or are they quite common. I have never seen another copy.
Any info much appreciated.

If you send a pm to andyfromboston who is on here he should be able to say how rare it is.
Viola19

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:42 pm 
Post subject: Boston United v Leicester City 24 July 2005

Thanks for the info guys.
getting there....
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Football Programme Fairs. In honour of Gordon Bennett. RIP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: