Football Programmes Centre

Foreign buyers on ebay
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Foreign buyers on ebay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hibernian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:18 pm 
Post subject: Foreign buyers on ebay

I had a programme listed, BIN, , clearly stating UK bidders only. I also ticked the box when listing, stating this
How can somebody in Germany buy it and then request postage ?
To make matters worse he is pleading for me to send it by normal post, which I won't do, although he has excellent feedback
Ebay should have a system where people abroad can't BIN without speaking to the seller first.
Do I have to now contact ebay to reinstate the listing ?
kenners46

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:35 pm 
Post subject:

Ive sent abroad standard postage before but get them to say via an ebay message that should it go missing then tough titties as ebay will look through the messages and see that he has taken the risk but get a proof of postage
colchestersid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:04 pm 
Post subject:

Rather than ticking when listing I think it is better to edit your buyer requirements so that you block bids from anyone with a non UK primary address

I did this for Romanian bidders and it worked fine (with apologies to all decent ebayers from that part of the world but I got fed up with the abusive/aggressive messages from Romania)
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:22 pm 
Post subject:

I only sell to UK based buyers now as well, although I might make an exception if somebody messages me and pleads to my better nature, as an Australian chap did recently.

He seemed a lovely bloke so I even sent him a few extras, as I felt for him having to stump up such high basic postage.

My advice here would be to take a punt on the German guy and give him what he wants this time, but obtain PoP as already mentioned.
Warn him it can take a few weeks via standard post mind.

I've bought & sold with dozens of Germans over the years, and have always found them ultra-reliable. A bit like their cars!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/newport-county-badges/albums
Five and In

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:40 pm 
Post subject: Foreign buyers on ebay

I have had no issue with overseas buyers and have been lucky with no postal losses (touch wood) so far.
Most items I have sent via tracked service to approx 40 different countries and have had some good conversations as well, although the language barrier can be fun at times.

The only problem I seem to get is from some Chinese buyers who have in the past bombarded me with ridiculously low offers on items and seem to think that if they begin the message with "Dear friend", I will sell for peanuts.
I just advise them that the price is the price and if they continue to offer stupid amounts, I add them to my blocked list. It's not worth the hassle.
Fishy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:57 am 
Post subject:

The other option, if you're still not happy to send it, is to simply cancel the transaction.
I have had the same issue previously, cancelled it all, and had no contact from 'the buyer'. Sometimes I think that some people only see the item and don't necessarily read 'the blurb'.
48/9 Newport.
49/0 Walsall; Exeter.
50/1 Port Vale.
51/2 Port Vale 1/5.
52/3 Swindon.
garyspain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:42 pm 
Post subject:

I must confess to be one of those buyers who ignores the UK only. Although many are happy to post to the Republic of Ireland when refusing to post elsewhere.

I can only recall one person refusing to sell to me. Although I now have a UK address with Parcel Motel so use that quite a bit.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: