Football Programmes Centre

Creation of a Database of Non-issues ?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Creation of a Database of Non-issues ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rob71

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:10 am 
Post subject: Creation of a Database of Non-issues ?

As a collector of Partick Thistle programmes I have come across a number of matches where programmes were not issued. This is a common occurrence for pre-season friendlies and cup replays. In addition, prior to the 1970s many Scottish clubs did not issue for midweek matches. Recently, I have managed to cross off a few such programmes from my wants list by searching through sites dedicated to Ayr, Celtic and Hibs.

I thought it would be a good idea if member on here collated the information of non-issues for their own clubs and posted it on this website. There is a great deal of knowledge that could be shared with other collectors.

Although I don’t want to create a lot of work for Craig, I wondered if he could create a database similar to the Wants one, where members can list all non-issues they are aware of. If this is too much work, he could just set up a section on the forum where this info can be posted.

Does anyone else think this is a good idea and worth pursuing ?
westyorksnffc

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:43 am 
Post subject:

It's definitely a good idea, through Forest Mick's contacts and a few other sources I've discovered that there were definitely some non issues for Forest, mainly friendlies abroad and postponed games, which has been a great help.

Forest programme guide: www.nottinghamforestprogrammes.weebly.com (a steady working progress, any help or advice gratefully accepted!)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
grantham

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:44 am 
Post subject:

Hi Rob

This is already in progress as a standalone project from the Programme Centre, I'm in the final stage of frontend testing of a new stats based website that will be used to drive a football programme system. It will include full match details as well as a simply option to select if a programme was issued and to add notes either way.

This information can then be used in a number of systems, to generate a wants list for your club and also a shared vendor shoppign system whereby all vendors sell from a central database, but have the template of the programme already created for them. I've spent the last four years on the porject (on and off) and the stats db will hopefully go into BETA testing over Christmas and New Year with a view to putting it live to EVERYONE to use ahead of the 2010/11 season
rob71

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:21 pm 
Post subject:

grantham wrote:
Hi Rob

This is already in progress as a standalone project from the Programme Centre, I'm in the final stage of frontend testing of a new stats based website that will be used to drive a football programme system. It will include full match details as well as a simply option to select if a programme was issued and to add notes either way.

This information can then be used in a number of systems, to generate a wants list for your club and also a shared vendor shoppign system whereby all vendors sell from a central database, but have the template of the programme already created for them. I've spent the last four years on the porject (on and off) and the stats db will hopefully go into BETA testing over Christmas and New Year with a view to putting it live to EVERYONE to use ahead of the 2010/11 season

Thanks for that Grantham. Sounds good, look forward to seeing it when it's ready. Thumbs Up
burnley_collector

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:23 pm 
Post subject:

Great idea - I can certainly assist with my Burnley programme knowledge.

There were in a few in the early 80s where a game was re-arranged, but the original programme was used with an insert.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: