Football Programmes Centre

Sky Alternatives??
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Sky Alternatives??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheSorter!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:49 pm 
Post subject: Sky Alternatives??

I've decided I'm sick of paying Sky £75 per month for channels I mainly don't watch. I'm looking for the basic channels plus Sky Sports and possibly BT Sport in HD without shelling out a lot of money. At the very least I could just cope with basic plus Sky Sports News if need be. Anyone got any ideas? Smile
martino

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:17 pm 
Post subject:

I justify Sky Sports to the wife on the basis that if I went to only one Premier League game each month it would probably cost me more than my Sky / BT Sport monthly outlay; taking into account ticket, travel, pie and drinks etc. And she gets access to a load of other channels if she wants.
Sky / BT Sport gives me the option to watch a lot more than one Premier League match plus other sports as well each month.

At the current subscription rates I agree that it does fall into the "luxury" pot.
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:21 pm 
Post subject: Re: Sky Alternatives??

TheSorter! wrote:
I've decided I'm sick of paying Sky £75 per month for channels I mainly don't watch. I'm looking for the basic channels plus Sky Sports and possibly BT Sport in HD without shelling out a lot of money. At the very least I could just cope with basic plus Sky Sports News if need be. Anyone got any ideas? Smile

Yes I have one buddy.
Do any of your good mates / close family have Sky Sports?

I've never had Sky, but my bezzie mate has it so I use his 'Sky Go' password to watch any live games I fancy full-screen on the laptop.

Or if Liverpool are playing, I make the effort of plugging the laptop into the TV and watch it on the big screen with a few beers and a bowl of crisps.

All for free. Smile

https://www.flickr.com/photos/newport-county-badges/albums
TheSorter!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:49 pm 
Post subject: Sky Alternatives??

Thanks for the the tip Wiggy! Very Happy
cardiff55

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:50 pm 

littlewiggy wrote:
TheSorter! wrote:

Yes I have one buddy.

I've never had Sky, but my bezzie mate has it so I use his 'Sky Go' password to watch any live games I fancy full-screen on the laptop.

Or if Liverpool are playing, I make the effort of plugging the laptop into the TV and watch it on the big screen with a few beers and a bowl of crisps.

All for free. Smile

You naughty boy Liam. Not the use of the Sky, I mean watching Liverpool!
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:03 pm 

cardiff55 wrote:
littlewiggy wrote:
TheSorter! wrote:

Yes I have one buddy.

All for free. Smile

You naughty boy Liam. Not the use of the Sky, I mean watching Liverpool!

Haha, nice one Tony!

You cheeky bugger!!

Laughing

https://www.flickr.com/photos/newport-county-badges/albums
das

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:21 pm 

TheSorter! wrote:

Try cancelling and see what they come back with. I have Sky Broadband unlimited for free, line rental and the Box Sets package which is everything except sport and movies for £35 per month.

I did have 50% of the TV package and cancelled when it was due to end. They offered 30% off and I said no. A couple of weeks later they came back with 60% off for a year and a couple of months ago they extended it for another year and it wasn't even due to end yet.
Fishy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:45 am 
Post subject:

I have Now TV - £7.99 pm (monthly rolling contract) with lots of channels. If I want to watch Sky Sports I can purchase a 'Day Pass' which gives me access to all Sky Sports Channels for 24 hours.

I guess it all depends on how much you want to watch - as I don't watch the Premiership and they only show Millwall when there is a blue moon, it doesn't cost me very much at all. Smile
48/9 Newport.
49/0 Walsall; Exeter.
50/1 Port Vale.
51/2 Port Vale 1/5.
52/3 Swindon.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: