Football Programmes Centre

PayPal & eBay over Postage costs
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
PayPal & eBay over Postage costs
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes For Sale at Fixed Prices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daiward

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:13 pm 
Post subject: PayPal & eBay over Postage costs

Another gripe. I know there are some on this Forum who like and support eBay but I am as far away from doing that as I am supporting Trump! What is it about some Americans? There is a rich vein of humour or humor in that country and really great actors and musicians. But I just don’t get the Trump voters.
OK back to the gripe. I never set out to be a seller on eBay, only to be a buyer. Then I thought why not sell to offset purchasing for my collection. In that time eBay have pulled some strokes. The latest is in taking a percentage of seller’s postage but have they really thought it through? When we post abroad it costs the buyer enough as it is without adding eBay’s fees to it. Do I? No I don’t and so I lose out every time. Am I a fool? Especially with a recent sale of two separate items to Chile for £6.99 apiece that apparently didn’t make it through. I am asked for tracking details but that would have cost the buyer over £50 each!! Al I had was a proof of postage. Even a signed for would have stopped tracking at the UK border but I would rather have a happy buyer from abroad so took the loss this time. But never again posting to Chile.
Another thing is PayPal are consistently stating that the seller does not offer postage discount. Yes we do! How many sales have I lost because the buyer has baulked at the postage cost.
PayPal and eBay have no right to interfere with postal arrangements between buyer and seller do you not agree?
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:19 pm 
Post subject:

You can gripe all you want but while people still keep using ebay and paypal they'll continue to walk all over you.

Postage abroad - I refuse to send anything abroad nowadays without having at least signed for / tracked. Too easy to get ripped off by unsrcupulous folk, and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if there's organised gangs involved abroad doing it knowing full well they can get good stock for nothing, and absolutely no comeback.
daiward

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:48 pm 
Post subject:

So I can't count on you for the protest march?
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:44 pm 
Post subject:

Ooooooh....I do love a good march!
gatfb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:00 pm 
Post subject:

"The latest is in taking a percentage of seller’s postage"

Given that ebay started taking % of postage about four years ago I think you've missed the boat some what on this one.

Still, being that far out of date is probably why you don't get how any one could for vote for Trump.
Very Happy
DySporting

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:01 am 
Post subject:

I always have my items as free p&p - As for selling abroad, touch wood I’ve been very lucky and never had a problem. I have more problems with postage within this country.
Southend_Loyal

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:26 pm 
Post subject:

Auchinleckian wrote:
Ooooooh....I do love a good march!

I was born in March so every march is a good one... bdum tsch
daiward

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:49 pm 
Post subject:

gatfb wrote:
"The latest is in taking a percentage of seller’s postage"

Given that ebay started taking % of postage about four years ago I think you've missed the boat some what on this one.

Still, being that far out of date is probably why you don't get how any one could for vote for Trump.
Very Happy

However long in the past it is still as relevant today as then. As for your apparent support of Donald Trump I find your choice of an Emoticon very apt. A complete likeness of the orange warmonger.
Eck

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:19 pm 
Post subject:

You are charged on postage costs because of flymen doing this for example buy it now 99p - £9 postage.
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:55 pm 
Post subject:

Eck wrote:
You are charged on postage costs because of flymen doing this for example buy it now 99p - £9 postage.

Spot on mate, that's exactly why they did it.
Some people were really taking the piss.

That's eBay in a nutshell though; quick to change the rules when they're missing out, but happy to cock a deaf 'un when it's you missing out.

Wink

https://www.flickr.com/photos/newport-county-badges/albums
New Forest

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:27 am 
Post subject:

Ebay was fine back in the old days. They stared going wrong when they introduced 'Buy it now'. It meant the same old items keep appearing week after week at the same sky high prices. I hardly ever look at anything apart from the auction side. On the question of postage, I tend to get on my high horse and ignore anyone asking for postage which is over the top. There is currently a programme I want but the dealer (no, seller) is asking too much (starting price) and on top wants £1.95 for a one sheet. One pound is the maximum it should be. It should not sell until they realise the price is not right. Ebay worked better when they charged for each listing.
daiward

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:34 pm 
Post subject:

Have to say I felt just a little annoyed with that jibe of being out of touch. Especially as we all might be wiped out any minute by the actions of the two idiots at each end of the world. Trump voters well done all of you. A creep has always been a problem but one with that kind of money well….
As for eBay and PayPal I still think I made a good enough question for them to answer. But as has already been stated by some of you they just ain’t listening. It’s a put up or shut up show but I am not happy so more to come in the future.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:39 pm 
Post subject:

May I chip in with my ebay pet hate

PRIVATE BIDDERS!

What total bollocks all designed to allow any seller to shill bid the prices up and no one can see them or can stop them, some of those Arsewipes are on this forum.

No better than stealing IMO, I will never bid on any item with that mode de employ.

Ebay came out with some total and utter shite defending it but it is only open to business sellers I am aware, so if that is the case 100% then it is not too hard to see how the dice is loaded against the average punter bidding, compared to the "House" [ebay+ seller] more chance of winning on a slot in Vegas!

That is it, said what I wanted to say. Do not ask me to name names although many of us already know who operates in that way.

Sherlock

Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:10 pm 
Post subject:

Think we can have a pretty good guess at one or two Leslie.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
daiward

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:14 pm 
Post subject:

Quote:
May I chip in with my ebay pet hate

PRIVATE BIDDERS!

What total bollocks all designed to allow any seller to shill bid the prices up and no one can see them or can stop them, some of those Arsewipes are on this forum.

No better than stealing IMO, I will never bid on any item with that mode de employ.

Ebay came out with some total and utter shite defending it but it is only open to business sellers I am aware, so if that is the case 100% then it is not too hard to see how the dice is loaded against the average punter bidding, compared to the "House" [ebay+ seller] more chance of winning on a slot in Vegas!

That is it, said what I wanted to say. Do not ask me to name names although many of us already know who operates in that way.

Sherlock
Completely agree with Les on this one. Doesn't matter how much I want something I will stay away from Private Bidding. It is another example of how much eBay have no idea how we serious collectors work. Perhaps they should listen as they might just at last realise how to make a profit we all think they deserve?
Five and In

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:09 pm 
Post subject: PayPal & eBay over Postage costs

littlewiggy wrote:

That's eBay in a nutshell though; quick to change the rules when they're missing out, but happy to cock a deaf 'un when it's you missing out.

Wink

Too true Wiggy.
Here's my latest whinge!
I sold a press photo for £7.49 plus £1 post and posted the following morning. Not tracked as it was less than a tenner and my postage stats are superb.
After the incredibly long period of TWO DAYS the buyer opened a case for non receipt of item with no contact with me. How he was allowed to do so is ridiculous.
I sent him a message directly and copied it to the case. My tone was very much a case of "two days?? Give it a chance"
I had no response.
A week later Ebay were pushing me for another response.
I sent another message to the buyer and again copied it to the case.
Still no response.
I looked at his account and noticed that he had had issues in the past with receiving items, so messaged him again suggesting he contacted his local sorting office....No response.
A week later, Ebay ruled in his favour.
I have to admit that at this point I lost it.....papers were thrown, there was some shouting and my girlfriend decided this was a good time to go and make a coffee!
I got on the phone to a robot at Ebay to complain.
I stressed over and over that I couldn't give a shit about the £7.49 and that my issue was the zero communication, previous address problems, the case being opened so quickly and Ebay taking his side.
All I got in return was "thank you for keeping Ebay a safe place to trade"..."How the **** have I done that when you are not listening?" I replied and demanded to speak to a higher level.
I was put through to the leader of the robots......King Robot himself.
King Robot listened to my issues and then replied "so, you are concerned that the buyer may leave poor feedback"....WHAT?????? Are you having two other conversations I asked as feedback had not been mentioned?
This confused King Robot and I believe I heard whirring and bleeping noises at this point.
A few minutes later, I gave up.
King Robot probably ticked a box stating "Another satisfied customer" and all I could do was block the buyer from doing it to me again.

I also completely agree with Leslie regarding private bidders and will not play that game ever.
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:49 pm 
Post subject:

I hear you mate, and oh boy do I share your frustration.
The last time I tried to "talk" to eBay about a problem, I went from calmness personified to using the f-bomb in about 180 seconds.
That's how exasperated they made me.
They just don't listen, and they care even less unfortunately.

I've not got the longest fuse admittedly, but I pride myself on biting my tongue and sorting any problems out amicably, and now I'm a little older and a little wiser, I very rarely lose it like that.

I'd urge you to use the "report a buyer" function with this chap, for abuse of the process.
I doubt it'll get you anywhere, but maybe a miracle might happen.

I've had a few abuse the system myself, and like you I immediately block them from any future dealings with me and try not to put myself through the ordeal of talking to eBay any more.

My blood pressure just can't cope with it.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/newport-county-badges/albums
Five and In

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:04 pm 
Post subject:

littlewiggy wrote:

I'd urge you to use the "report a buyer" function with this chap, for abuse of the process.
I doubt it'll get you anywhere, but maybe a miracle might happen.

I forgot to mention that I did indeed report the buyer Wiggy, but as you say, I'm expecting snow in the Sahara (or sunshine in England) to occur before anything happens.
goonerboy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:22 pm 
Post subject:

Slightly at an angle to original post but related. I won a ticket from a guy and p&p for normal first class is £1.50. A bit steep but was on the auction so be it. Then I win another ticket. And the combined p&p is £2. So somehow putting another ticket in the same envelope and same stamps required is resulting in a 50p cost. Are you serious !!!!!

On the flip side I buy a ticket from a guy in France who advertises £2 p&p to UK. When he posts it the cost is less and he spontaneously refunds the difference.
kenners46

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:11 pm 
Post subject:

Ebay worked in my favour the other day when someone left me neutral feedback for a sticker i sent to France via the global shipping programme...i roughly translated his reason as " something something folded and not via postal service" the sticker had no folds and was sent in a board backed envelope so i sent him a stroppy email with some kind words saying how did you get it in France from England if it wasnt sent via some sort of postal system and then i rang up ebay saying you can see from the pic it doesnt have a fold and if you dont remove the rating ill just come out of the wonderful global shipping programme and not send abroad again, she said refresh your screen in 15 mins and it will be gone...
its no so much him leaving the neutral feedback or even if it was negative feedback but why no communication i would have been happy to refund his 99p item with free postage t
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes For Sale at Fixed Prices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: