Football Programmes Centre

Arsenal Collection
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Arsenal Collection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
square1back2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:27 am 
Post subject: Arsenal Collection

Hi All,

I have recently been asked if I could sell a collection of Arsenal programmes by the relatives of a friend of mine who along with myself was a season ticket holder for many years before his sad death earlier this year.

I am wondering if any member out there has any experience in dealing with moving on a collection such as this as I think the family's expectations are greater than the real worth of the collection. I have looked at the items and there must be at least 1500 probably more and consists of all home programmes from 1984 until 2011 which must number 800 in mint condition a further 300 plus dating back to 1949 although the condition of these is mixed and there are only a few through the 1950's. In addition there is at least 250 away programmes including some European games and some European away friendly matches and a large pile of final and semi Final programmes.

Also included are a number of Arsenal related books, tickets, signed photos and various fanzines.

I am hoping that a member or a programme dealer will be able to offer some advice as to the best way to sell this collection for his family, I have already looked on ebay and large collections do not seem to do very well and I do not have the time or inclination to list them separately. I also know that the family have already approached a programme auction house who were not interested in handling them.

Thanks in advance.
Mel
goonerboy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:16 am 
Post subject:

I have got to be honest but an arsenal collection mainly mid 80s onwards is sadly going to be difficult to get any sort of notable return. I have seen people list full arsenal seasons on ebay at a reasonable price and 6 months later they are still there.

You could email a number of the mid-size dealers to see what they could offer you. You might even contact Bob, Frank and Elvis as they like to buy in bulk to see if they are interested.

Otherwise just put it up as one or two bull lots on ebay at a cheap end price and hope you get a couple of interested folks.

However the main thing is to manage their expectations. You will have done well if you get to £100 for it.
square1back2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:25 pm 
Post subject:

Hi Goonerboy,

Thank you for that it sort of backs up what I was thinking but I am not sure if that is what his relatives are expecting. I will take my time in breaking it to them as you say managing that will not be very easy.

Best Regards.

Mel.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: