Football Programmes Centre

ROAD TO WEMBLEY STARTS THIS WEEKEND
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
ROAD TO WEMBLEY STARTS THIS WEEKEND

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cfcmartin1965

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:29 am 
Post subject: ROAD TO WEMBLEY STARTS THIS WEEKEND

The world's greatest cup competition starts this weekend. Any other forum members going to watch a game in the extra preliminary round ?

I will be going to watch my local team Spelthorne Sports take on Chertsey Town.

Martin
yachtsmun

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:55 am 
Post subject:

Unfortunately I can't make the trip to Bracknell to see Cowes (have been there before though). But, this post puts me in mind of the FA Cup c.2008. Cowes' extra prelim round was scheduled for the Friday night away at Ringwood, and to allow us to get ferry home the hosts agreed to a 7pm kick-off. 90 minutes later we'd been thumped 5-0, meaning we were the very first team knocked out of the Cup that year, or looked at another way, were the complete antithesis of the eventual competition winners. I like to think that means that in a parallel universe somewhere we actually won the Cup. Such are the daydreams when you support non-league minnows...
iucrmh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:29 pm 
Post subject:

I couldn't resist the Northwich Victoria v. 1874 Northwich tie. Should have a little bit of bite to it.
AJLFC85

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:35 pm 
Post subject:

Away day for me at Wolverhampton Casuals v Malvern Town. Nice to see the BBC showing a live game from every round this season.
stingray

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:47 pm 
Post subject:

I'll be going to Leighton Town v. Oxhey Jets which is being played at Berkhamsted, due to the stand at Bell Close being renovated.

Of course we'll get knocked out - we always do Laughing
Southend_Loyal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:16 pm 
Post subject:

Think I may go to Hoddesdon Town
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:15 pm 
Post subject:

AFC Liverpool v Litherland REMYCA is being broadcast live on BBC's website tomorrow. 12.30 KO.
TartanTyneArmy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:59 pm 
Post subject:

Blyth Spartans play away tomorrow so I'm headed to EP Newcastle Benfield v West Allotment Celtic. Known as the 'Coach Lane Classico' as both grounds sit at either end of mile long Coach Lane Road. Suspect a big turnout as WAC almost folded at the end of last season when the Northumbria FA dramatically increased ground rent, thankfully the Northern League community rallied round to get them stable for this season.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/142569771@N06/P4X739
johnwells

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:04 am 
Post subject: FA cup starts here

My nmatch day carer collects Sussex clubs HOMES inn FAC and for the last 3 or 4 seasons, if Brighton are away,a nd we're not going we go to a game in sussex. I like to do new grounds, and of those at home LIttle Common is the only ground I havent been to.

Unfrtunatly for me due to work there ground is not useable, so they are groundsharing with Eastbourne UNited, who ironicaly they were drawn togeter in the cUp, or was it afix.,

I have done United twice before,but it is also Little Commons debut in the tournament

john
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Southend_Loyal

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:33 pm 
Post subject:

Southend_Loyal wrote:
Think I may go to Hoddesdon Town

Despite Hoddesdon Town's website saying they are still playing Cup games there, they arent. Moved to share with Ware so having only 25 minutes to find another game, I headed to Broxbourne Borough Vs Tower Hamlets. Game finished 1-1

Replay was a feisty affair with Tower Hamlets coming out on top.

Next round they were at home to Takeley who ran out comfortable 4-0 winners. (No programme so was glad they lost)

So the next round sees me heading to Cheshunt to see if Takeley can progress in this years comp.

Not sure how far I will get in the Road to Wembley but its great fun
Southend_Loyal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:01 pm 
Post subject:

Saw Cheshunt defeat Takeley quite comfortably on Saturday. Will return to The Stadium to see them play Dorking Wanderers in the next round.

Nice ground, very friendly people. Enjoyable day
albion99

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:09 am 
Post subject: Peterborough Sports v Stafford Rangers

Last Saturday watched this cup fixture, 7 goals, end, to end stuff full of great excitement.
Fortunately we got the right result, but not before spending 45 minutes thinking the team was still on the coach!
Nice little set up Sports have, they have come a long way in a short space of time, power to their elbow, I wish them well.
Great programme by the way £1.00, colour and plenty to read, and very informative.
All in a all a great day, and only 10 minutes from home to watch an away fixture.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: