Football Programmes Centre

North Wales Fair July 30 2017
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
North Wales Fair July 30 2017

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Football Programme Fairs. In honour of Gordon Bennett. RIP
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeasideMark

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:23 pm 
Post subject: North Wales Fair July 30 2017

Hope everyone is still okay for this Sunday and looking forward to what will hopefully be a successful day.
You can access the Cricket Club venue from 8.45am, there will be pre-fair bacon baps and tea/coffee on the house and we will open the doors at 11am or a little bit earlier if there are people waiting.
Last year I had a couple of 11th hour withdrawals, please don't leave it late this time - if you can't make it tell me now.

Confirmed traders are:
Westward Programmes
Tom Roe
Nick Westwell
Chorley FC Club Shop
Robert Brown
John Holroyd
Myself - The Beautiful Game

If anyone wants to make a late shout for a stall I can take up to three more. Let me know asap please but call me on 07753 966805 rather than message via the forum. Between us we should be able to put on a pretty impressive display of stuff!
North West and Midlands clubs will be sought after as will Welsh stuff especially memorabilia from Euro 16 and Wrexham FC items.
Please note we are Gogs, not Taffs, so Cardiff, Swansea and Newport stuff probably won't be in quite such great demand!
If you do social media please give the fair a plug and lets get as many through the door as we possibly can.
We have hammered the local press across North Wales, Mid Wales, Shropshire and Cheshire/South Merseyside and lots of people have responded from all those areas.
Thanks everyone - looking forward to a great weekend.
Diolch yn fawr pawb
Mark Thumbs Up
stanley nick

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:05 am 
Post subject: north wales fair

Yeh looking forward to this one, excellent last time inc the bacon bap

1500 badges for sale
non league covering english, scottish, welsh

Programmes lots of cup finals and semis selling off cheap

thanks Nick Westwell
Westwardprogs

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:07 pm 
Post subject:

Pleased to confirm I'll be there.
On my stand I try to cover all aspects of second-hand programme collecting: Big Matches (Internationals, Finals and Semis); A decent range from virtually all League clubs in England and Scotland plus a few from Ireland (although with a slight bias for West Country clubs as I am based in Plymouth); I shall also have a wide range of over 400 English, Welsh and Scottish Non-League Clubs programmes with me, including v League Clubs in the FA Cup and in Friendlies, (again with a slight bias for West Country Clubs); plus a range of Reserve and Youth team programmes and Teamsheets.
Because I travel widely throughout the country attending Fairs, often buying more programmes than I sell, I am constantly replenishing my stock, so collectors often find something on my stand that they are looking for!
If any collectors wish me to bring any specific items to this Fair, please contact me by email on or (preferably) before Friday: [email protected].
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:19 pm 
Post subject:

Will you be at the pre Fair swally Gordon on Saturday night? I'm going, albeit with a caution to be on my best behaviour as the pub is apparently a real ale paradise.

Just taken in another nice lot of old badges, so we will have an excellent stock of these, competitively priced. Some great memorabilia, my normal £1 bargain box - which you bought in total at Samlesbury last time around, Gordon - pennants, club handbooks from the 1930s onwards, fixture lists from 180s through to 1930s, the best Scottish non league stock anywhere, excellent current season Scottish stock 2017-18 (obviously mainly friendlies, but includes Betfred Cup as well) some of which are very difficult to obtain due to the exceedingly small print runs of some of the clubs who don't understand how many they could actually sell.

Looking forward to the bacon baps.... might need more than one to soak up the previous night's intake!
beaudog

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:11 pm 
Post subject: north wales fair sunday jULY 30

Looking forward to the fair on Sunday and unfortunately will be missing out on the heavy drinking session the night before. But have sorted a few hundred 50s and 60s and a few odds and sods, especially A & BC cards and intend to sell a few and go for a pint afterwards. But my mrs will be with me so its Costa coffee all round.
Seriously looking forward to a good day for all.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:00 pm 
Post subject:

If any Hereford fans are going I'll have a couple of nice Football League application brochures from the club when they they were still in the Southern League.
SeasideMark

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:27 pm 
Post subject:

Many thanks to all the dealers who came to today's fair in Prestatyn. I think everyone enjoyed the event and there will be another next year for sure. We kept an eye on the numbers through the door and the attendance was just over 190 so the interest is there.
John - sorry about your hotel nightmare - I know its a long haul for you but please consider coming again. Nick - hope your brave little dog is on the mend soon mate.
diolch yn fawr iawn pawb
Mark Thumbs Up
stanley nick

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:32 pm 
Post subject: north wales fair

Yeh again this was very well organised by Mark
The footfall at the venue was amazing really
Having been housebound for the last 4 weeks with my sick dog it was great to go to the seaside
Thanks for accomodating me and mi dog Mark
We will be back at the next one

Thanks Nick
beaudog

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:54 pm 
Post subject: north wales fair sunday jULY 30

Enjoyed the day, an early 6.30 start and a long day. Sold a few bits and met some nice people. Some people have a very strange idea what their stuff is worth, only saw a couple of examples but £50 for Gary Speed autograph and £500 for a collection of Tottenham and West ham players from the early 70s, even with Bobby Moore, you are having a laugh. Still good to be in North wales and thank you to Mark for organising the event.
Westwardprogs

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:04 am 
Post subject:

I think Mark deserves a prize as the most effective Fair organiser in the provinces in creating awareness of his events and consequently the attendances, which for the two Fairs he's organised to date have been two or three times larger than is normal elsewhere.
Thank you also to all the collectors who attended and who hopefully came away with at least one item to be cherished.
For myself, it was also really encouraging to find that the takings on my stand were about 40% up on those at the first Prestatyn Fair.
I also thought that the Cricket Club venue was ideal, sufficiently spacious and light yet creating a relaxed and friendly environment.
Hopefully, I'll be able to attend the next one.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:25 am 
Post subject: Re: north wales fair sunday jULY 30

beaudog wrote:
Enjoyed the day, an early 6.30 start and a long day. Sold a few bits and met some nice people. Some people have a very strange idea what their stuff is worth, only saw a couple of examples but £50 for Gary Speed autograph and £500 for a collection of Tottenham and West ham players from the early 70s, even with Bobby Moore, you are having a laugh. Still good to be in North wales and thank you to Mark for organising the event.

The guy who had those autographs was just weird. He said he had some nice signed Spurs shirts so Makr and I went out to view them in his car....they were all repros and there were about 6 of them, for which he wanted £2,500!

Didn't have a great day financially myself, that might just be because my stock wasn't what people wanted, but I did manage to purchase a really nice collection of programmes from someone who'd seen the pre fair publicity. Confirm what the others have said about venue, and also Mark's shiop in the town centre which is a veritable treasure chest, and I bought some nbice non league items in there on the Saturday. Pity my overnight accommodation went awry as I missed out on the much heralded pre fair swally!
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Football Programme Fairs. In honour of Gordon Bennett. RIP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: